What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Think we will ever see a FF3 SNES port?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone or otherwise? My favorite Final Fantasy is III for the SNES. Yeah I'm jailbroken and have SNES4iPhone but there are no L/R buttons for the WiiMote and the on screen controls are huge.

Anyone else hoping they port it over? They did for FF1 and 2. :D

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter is right with you on that one, and considering the audience for FF, I would think so.

Of course my daughter won't get her own iPad until Gen II comes out...

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to try a game called Chaos Rings for the iPhone, which gets AWESOME reviews, also by Square Enix, after I finish FF1 and 2. Or I might try to suck up the controls on the SNES4iPhone port.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure you'll let us know when something good comes along...

I'm already busy with Broken Sword, and when I really want to have fun I play some Plants vs Zombies. But I would give a FF for the iPad a shot.

(Maybe you should make a survey on here asking who would buy and maybe the results would motivate the developers.)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it, they don't care about us peons lol

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chaos Rings is good, but not up to FF standards, of course. My only problem is I bought it a few days before I got my iPad, and since I'm still enjoying my native iPad apps, I hate to use the iPhone ones with 2X! My son however, who doesn't manage to finish many games (single dad, job tend to take precedence :)) finished it twice in a couple days, so he obviously enjoyed it!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I too hope for a FF3.... and I have Chaos Rings and like Cherhall I am not all that impressed with it. I played it for an hour or so a month ago and lost interest. After I play some of the many excellent games I now have, I will give it another shot....

I would also add that I would pay $30 for a complete port of FF7 for the iPad....

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See? I think there is an audience for all the FF games to be ported. Heck I've never played any of them, but games are so much fun on the iPad that I would even buy them.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I had tried SNES-HD with my iPad that uses my iPhone as a wireless control pad, good news is this cydia app also uses the volume buttons as L/R buttons too! :D

I made a demo video on that too SNES-HD & TVOut 2 Combo

Hey, that's pretty cool! The iPhone as a controller is a very cool idea......

Still not reason enough for me to JB my pad, but nice anyway....

simontay78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.SimonVideo.com
I had tried SNES-HD with my iPad that uses my iPhone as a wireless control pad, good news is this cydia app also uses the volume buttons as L/R buttons too! :D

Hey, that's pretty cool! The iPhone as a controller is a very cool idea......

Still not reason enough for me to JB my pad, but nice anyway....

Hahaha Thanks! :D

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Too bad I don't have an iPhone :( Wish they made it for Android.

And what about if you have to press the LR buttons together. IIRC from years ago, pressing LR together for a few seconds is what makes your party run from battle? Aren't the volume buttons on the iPhone similar to the iPad where it's really like a seesaw button?

simontay78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.SimonVideo.com

Most reactions