What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

think about the personal privacy issuse with a camera on a ipad unit ..

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not for a camera either but my reason is more on the practical side. I think it's an unneccessary add on that takes up space, resources and battery life. A camera can easily be added with solutions that range from linking a cell phone to selling a tiny BT cam that can wirelessly connect. The reality is that cameras are part if our lives but there is a sure way to maintain your privacy, turn the damn thing off! What happened to just turning stuff off? Or closing the laptop? You close the curtains in your bedroom don't you? Common sense people, just use common sense.

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not for a camera either but my reason is more on the practical side. I think it's an unneccessary add on that takes up space, resources and battery life. A camera can easily be added with solutions that range from linking a cell phone to selling a tiny BT cam that can wirelessly connect. The reality is that cameras are part if our lives but there is a sure way to maintain your privacy, turn the damn thing off! What happened to just turning stuff off? Or closing the laptop? You close the curtains in your bedroom don't you? Common sense people, just use common sense.

But....what if it only appears to be off?
:D

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that happened to one of my kids I would be taking action against the school and all parties involved...by action I mean legal and undoubtedly physical

That would pi$$ me off to no end.

Cya

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i see no need for a camera now or in the future of the ipad unit ..why a camera when it can be used to spy on you.. here is my reason behind the post ..

remember the philly highschool student that got called into the vice principal office and told that he was doing bad behavior in his own room in his own home and he need to stop that ..so why have something that a person could look into your home on the unit ..as a father of my childern that scares the liveing heck out of me for why does the V.P of a school need to spying on my child along with what he doing telling my child about socalled bad behavior in his own room ..

let put to this way .. you have a teenage daughter at home in her room with a webcamera set up on the unit and it sit up for home use for school reports etc etc etc.. ..some guy who is pretty good at hacking is now hacked into the your daughter room and he watching her every movement from her undress to going to bed ..to me that a little creepy ..for iam the father of three girls and i would hate to think that the simple unit that they use for school can be used to spy on them and invade therer privacy and there personal lifes by watching there every move they make or it beening sold online in another country where the legal age for somethings are a lot lower than it here in the states..

plus where does the personal privacy laws start and stop in these matters ..it better not to have a camera in the unit ..and remember Clinton what the V-chip in anything electronic to allow the Government security personal to back door a computer if need be ..

I have a camera on my iphone, there is no way you can spy on me with it. There is no remote turn on ability. What you are referring to in the school case is the Apple isight webcam.

I agree with you though, I don't have any need for a camera or webcam on my ipad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who cares that I'm being watched! I grew up with the notion I've been taught that God and Angels are watching over me all the time!:D

Just turn your devices off...
You'll save power by the same action.

dwagner88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post is ridiculous. Take off the tinfoil hats people! I guess you don't want to have a camera on your laptop either. Not to mention the fact that the average city dweller is on camera upwards of 60 times per day anyways.

The iPad should have a camera. It is the perfect device for video chatting, and not putting one in was a major mistake. And it wasn't to reduce cost, because apple already has a sweet 50 percent markup on these things. A five dollar camera wouldn't have affected their profit significantly.

Last edited:

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well no I don't want a camera on my laptop. I don't feel the need to take pictures with a device the size of the ipad or a laptop. My iphone however is the perfect size for that.

I can see how some people would like a webcam on the ipad and they are included on mac laptops, but I don't video chat so I don't have a need for one.

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had kids, and iPads had cameras, then my kids would be iPad-less. As fas as what has been mentioned how we already have cameras all over metro areas, I personally think it's horsecrap that we have that now and is one of the many reasons I left the big city.

Excuse me in advance , but that’s look like too much paranoid

How so?

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
remember this statement ..technologies is a double edge sword ..

it can be used for good and it can be used for evil ..

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Of all the terabytes on all the modems in all the world, they had to access mine! Watch me, Uncle Sam! You've watched it for them, now watch it for me!"

OMG apologies to Bogart.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts