What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that disappear in the mail

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again,
I have had the iPad on te 19 days on a trip. I went to find a couple of things tat were I in the inbox but they have disappeared on me and I did not deleted them and now I cannot find them. I'm scared after a period of time they might have disappeared on me.
Thanks for all your help.
Tom

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked your junk mail folder?

Edit: I've moved this to the iPad Help Forum as it looks like you are not a new member......

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
T

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you say a month is not new that okay but i'm confused alot

OP
T

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

Edit: I've moved this to the iPad Help Forum as it looks like you are not a new member......

The Archangel

Well where is the junk mail on the iPad?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello again,
I have had the iPad on te 19 days on a trip. I went to find a couple of things tat were I in the inbox but they have disappeared on me and I did not deleted them and now I cannot find them. I'm scared after a period of time they might have disappeared on me.
Thanks for all your help.
Tom
That has been happening to me too in googlemail on my mbp,i go to my mail,see mail in my inbox,go to read the mail and some of it has vanished,i thought it was my desk top addon so i deleted that but its still happening,anyone else?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, check your account settings in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts. In some accounts there is a limit of how many days or weeks mail will stay in your inbox or sync. This can be changed.

• For a GMail account set up as an Exchange account, it at the bottom of the settings. "Mail Days to Sync". It's set to 3 by default.
  • The default GMail (IMAP) does not have an option. I assume it stays forever?
  • For iCloud you have to tap the Account name at the top, Mail (under Advanced), then Advanced, and change the Remove option. I believe it defaults to one week.
  • Yahoo: Tap the account name, Advanced, then change the Remove option.
  • And that's all the accounts I have. If you have a different one, explore the settings and see what it does.

The other possibility is that you've set the Show option too low for the number of emails you usually get. It's under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The lowest settings is 50, though if you have more than 50 emails in your inbox there should be a Load More Messages option when you scroll to the bottom of the list in Mail.

OP
T

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed it to 100 from the 50 it was. See how that works,
Thank you,
Tom

OP
T

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

I have joined about a month ago.
Tom

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hope it works for you.

You normally only make one introductory post in the New Member Introductions - Site Assistance forum area. After that you post in the area that most closely matches your subject or needs, in your case you want help, so the iPad Help forum. You might post in the New Member Introductions - Site Assistance forum again later if you have problems or questions dealing with the site itself, that's what the second part of the name means.

Don't fret about it. Everybody gets confused around here at least once or twice; at least. Now you know.

Most reactions

Latest posts