What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thin hdmi cable recommendation

doubledown7d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be another option if you also have an iTouch. It is an app called Tunesremote. I've never tried it but it seems you could leave your pad on a short leash and control it remotely from across the room. If it doesn't work...I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :)

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found another solution. Use a splitter and let the long clunky cable go on the other side of the splitter, while enjoying the thin Apple cable on your side.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the 28 gauge Monoprice cable and it's just too firm and bulky. I'm going to order the 2 meter super-thin Monster cable ($64) and use a $4 couplet to join the too, using the Monster cable to connect to the iPad dongle.

OP
I

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I started this thead... I bought myself an Apple TV... and using AirPlay I no longer use the HDMI dongle.

I mainly use it to stream movies off my computer via Air Video.. then from Ipad to my TV.. For $100 for Apple TV.. it was totally worth it to eliminate the hdmi cable and the clutter it came with.

Another positive is that with Apple TV, you can play your videos on to your TV using Air Video and still be able to use the Ipad for anything else.. like safari, games.. and etc... the HDMI cable can't do this....

Granted it does not mirror the ipad screen... Apple TV hit all of my objectives...

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple TV is great but it won't show your keynote presentations or let you play Real Racing 2 in 1080P. It is great for steaming video and music from the iPad or your PC with iTunes.

Nisei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've ordered this 13' cable from Amazon. It's the same kind of super thin active cable as the $150 Monster cable but only costs $9.49 :) Wanted to post a link here but I'm not allowed to.
Let's hope it works with the adapter.

Nisei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it for a few weeks now and it works great!!!
It's really thin and 1080p is no problem. You can only connect it one way though. There are arrows on the connectors which show you the direction of the signal.

ygm0701

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can find a thin, flexible hdmi cable at a reasonable price.

I would recommend "Ultra thin HDMI cable" from SiliconMicroDisplay. I've got one from Amazon (A-A 6ft) and it perfectly works with my ipad2. Price is quite higher than the others, but since it's light, portable, and extremely flexible, it is worthwhile to use with $699 ipad. I'm a big fan of HMD and this cable can be used for it too.

Most reactions

Latest posts