What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They gave me the wrong iPad -_-

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay,so heres the thing..
I ordered iPad 4g from a store,and i paid the amout as the iPad 4 cost.
One day(today,actually) i got curious on how to know the model of an iPad,or rather how to determine the iPad's model.
I researched about it,and it turns out that they have that so called "Model number".Mine has the number : a1430(Which is iPad 3's number)
How am i suppose to know,if the recite clearly state that i bought IPAD 4G.
I was pretty [edited by moderator, profanity] upset,and worried at the same time(cause they gave me the wrong one which is the lower version,and they may not allow me to change it since i've been using it for a whole month) What do you think about this,guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well you can demand for exchange although a refund maybe harder since already a month passed but since its their mistake they should compensate with the exchange at least well good luck though hopefully the store is reliable enough to do it :ipad-keyboard:

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well you can demand for exchange although a refund maybe harder since already a month passed but since its their mistake they should compensate with the exchange at least well good luck though hopefully the store is reliable enough to do it :ipad-keyboard:

Nahh..i just want exchange.That's all :)
I just hope they do.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nahh..i just want exchange.That's all :)
I just hope they do.

G'day BlackOropher, there should not really be much time wasted in debate. If your receipt clearly shows that you paid for an iPad 4 and you can show that you were given an iPad 3 then just go in, ask for the manager and demand you be given what you paid for. I honestly doubt you will fail in this exercise.
Regards, Andrew

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
G'day BlackOropher, there should not really be much time wasted in debate. If your receipt clearly shows that you paid for an iPad 4 and you can show that you were given an iPad 3 then just go in, ask for the manager and demand you be given what you paid for. I honestly doubt you will fail in this exercise.
Regards, Andrew

Why so :'(

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why so :'(

You do not state in your profile your country of residence (and there is no reason why you should) but in Australia, where I live, we have consumer laws and the Sale of Goods Act etc that would, in the circumstances that you describe, provide enough legal protection for you to go back into the shop and simply request an exchange to get the iPad that you paid for.
I am assuming that is the same in your country, so just go ahead and do it without any anxiety.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does it have the lightning connector on it?

The 4th gen iPad has the lightning connector.

By the way, are you talking about the 4th gen iPad or an iPad with 4g/LTE? I can't tell from your post what you mean and I don't feel like googling the model numbers.

When you talk to them, say 4th generation iPad, not 4g because that could mean a 3rd generation iPad with 4g/LTE. They may have been confused by terminology.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does it have the lightning connector on it?

The 4th gen iPad has the lightning connector.

By the way, are you talking about the 4th gen iPad or an iPad with 4g/LTE? I can't tell from your post what you mean and I don't feel like googling the model numbers.

When you talk to them, say 4th generation iPad, not 4g because that could mean a 3rd generation iPad with 4g/LTE. They may have been confused by terminology.

They actually let me choose between the iPad 3 and iPad 4g.Oh well.

Most reactions

Latest posts