What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's an app update notification, in my app store, for an app I've never bought...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, sometimes a solution can't be found among the members. The only thing I can recommend is to take your iPad to the Apple Store and see if they can assist you in resolving this problem.

I think we've reached our maximum helpfulness here. Sorry.

Marilyn

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puddy said:
Sorry there was no solution, I'm stuck with this update in my App Store even tho I don't have the app, and never had the app. You'd think there would be a way to delete updates. Frustrating, and im surprised no one here had any useful info about it, we can't be the only ones? Perhaps if I jail break it there's a way to get rid of that notification?

Hey there Puddy....I don't see anywhere in the thread about what happens if you try to update the phantom app. Have you tried that?

OP
P

Puddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
Hey there Puddy....I don't see anywhere in the thread about what happens if you try to update the phantom app. Have you tried that?

Hi Roy Rob, It says, " you cannot update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software" which is true, so how it ended up in my app update list baffles me.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect your ipad to computer and then see all the list of purchases.If that app is not there then I consult you take it to apple store.

OP
P

Puddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nikhil said:
Connect your ipad to computer and then see all the list of purchases.If that app is not there then I consult you take it to apple store.

Yes I've done that. Ill take it to an apple store soon.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puddy said:
Hi Roy Rob, It says, " you cannot update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software" which is true, so how it ended up in my app update list baffles me.

I would contact Full Power Technologies directly and ask the how to delete their app.......

image-689202460.jpg

I hope you can make out their web address above. Sorry that I cannot offer any better advice. Good luck.

Sebyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would contact Full Power Technologies directly and ask the how to delete their app.......

View attachment 35182

I hope you can make out their web address above. Sorry that I cannot offer any better advice. Good luck.

I will try and get in touch with them, also next time I am in Toronto I will visit the Apple store and see what they have to say about this.

Thanks to all of those who have commented.

Steve

Most reactions

Latest posts