What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's an App for that ?

karlsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First off, I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to introduce myself, because it's just rude appearing on a forum, asking questions, without saying more about yourself!

I'm a 22 year old male from the Ottawa (From Canada; US's hat ^_^) I own a sign shop, where we do vinyl cutting and digital printing. The business was started by my father, and he's still "old-school" in certain forms of technology, such as invoicing and order processing. We're a two people company, so we don't have the funds to upgrade everything to the latest high-tech trends. And that's exactly why I'm interested in knowing a little more about an App or two; which you guys would probably be my best available information!

Here's my situation:

We manually take orders. Basically, when a customer walk's in, we take our 8.5" x 11 sheet of paper, and draw a hand-sketch of what the customer is asking us for. We then write quantities/colors/ additional information.

What I'd like to know, is if there is a certain application that would permit me to use my own "template background" (which would be the model of my current 8.5" x 11" sheet) on which I could then write all my information (and actually draw my sketch in the right colors).

It doesn't need to be a hair-accurate App; I only need to draw a square with the actual sizes, and the text/logo/pictures/price of my specific order.

Once that is done, I would like to be able to save my sketch under the desired file name, and transfer it to my computer (either sending it out to my personal e-mail, or auto-syncing (I use a PC for my printing)).

Please let me know if you have any idea of apps name I might be wanting to try-out!

Have a great day, and I wish you all a happy new years!

OP
K

karlsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thanks! I'll look them up!

I knew this was the right place to find all my needed answers !

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One cool thing about Note Taker HD is the ability to make a PDF as a template within the app. So, you can design/scan a piece of paper with all your info on it and put it into Note Taker HD as a background. Then, you can always pull up that background to make your necessary notes and drawings on it. You can then e-mail yourself that PDF for printing purposes.

Just a thought...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll look them up!

I knew this was the right place to find all my needed answers !

iDraw also allows you to set a background image from your photos. Since iDraw can also export JPEG images to 'photos' you can use iDraw to create your background image/template.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts