What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theoretical Question

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I plug a USB bluetooth adaptor into the USB port on my DTS system, could I then stream music from my iPad? The DTS is DNLA certified.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
It does depend on the type of Bluetooth adapter, as the iPad has a very limited Bluetooth support and will mostly work with keyboards and headphones. If the usb bluetooth adapter would identify itself as a bluetooth headset, than the iPad would stream music to it, but somehow I doubt that this is the case, so it will most likely not work, at least not on a non-jb iPad.

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

It does depend on the type of Bluetooth adapter, as the iPad has a very limited Bluetooth support and will mostly work with keyboards and headphones. If the usb bluetooth adapter would identify itself as a bluetooth headset, than the iPad would stream music to it, but somehow I doubt that this is the case, so it will most likely not work, at least not on a non-jb iPad.

I thought as much, but may give it a go.....Don't need it to work, just using old bits of kit I have lying around:) Before finally consigning them to the bin.....It's a VERY old Bluetooth device anyway!

Light the blue (no pun intended) touchpaper and stand clear!

Most reactions

Latest posts