What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Themes not changing wallpaper?

NixGerit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a bit of a problem with iPad themes, it seems it's the exact opposite of everyone's problem and I just can't find anyone with the same problem, no matter how hard I try. When I apply a theme in Winterboard, the wallpaper stays the same. I tried to reset all my settings, but that didn't help, the wallpaper just won't change into the one that should come with the theme. Could someone please give me some advice how to repair this issue?
I own an iPad 2, model MC775HC, with iOS 5.1.1 and the Winterboard has been installed just today, if it is of any importance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes, themes actually load the theme wallpaper into the iPad stock wallpaper folder. Have you gone into Settings > Wallpaper and see if it's in there for selection?

Or, sometimes the name of the wallpaper file in the theme is different than the wallpaper file name on your iPad. If its not the first instance, take a look to make sure the names are exactly the same (and remember that the iPad file system is case sensitive).

Or, have you ensure you do not have the line (in Winterboard) checked that reads "user Wallpaper." That will override any theme wallpaper. Or, if it's not that, is your theme the very top of the Winterboard line? It may be that something else you have checked off may be interfering with that wallpaper.

Thats about all I can think of right now that may be causing your troubles. See if any of that helps and, if not, holler back and we'll take another stab at it.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
N

NixGerit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention it's jailbroken and didn't notice the Hacking section. I'm quite new to all of this, but I'll remember next time.

Anyway, it seems that I mistakenly thought that most themes have a wallpaper included while they apparently do not. The reason why it didn't work was because most of my themes either simply didn't have a wallpaper or the wallpaper was moved into the folder with stock wallpapers. It seemed kinda strange to me that the themes wouldn't have a wallpaper along, for example the Buff Port iPad theme from ithemesky (I'd post a link but alas, my post count is not big enough), since the images usually look like they have a wallpaper different from those that were in iPad originally. I apologize for the confusion caused by my own stupidity but thank you for your advices, I'm sure they're good to remember in any case.

Most reactions

Latest posts