What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World By 2050

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible that on the near future China will be able I construct skyscrapers in a few hours or even minutes?! I'm probably exaggerating about the minutes but China can build things quickly, They built a high rise in 6 days while in the USA it takes a few months :/ Im astonished at how advanced China is, they also built a 6 story building in a matter of hours, and they are planning to build the worlds tallest building in 90 days (about 12 WEEKS!!! And 6days) while it took Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Dubai is my favorite city in the world it looks futuristic) a few years to build Burj Khalifa which is the tallest structure in the world, b4 you know it china will be constructing everything in a blink of an eye. I find it kinda funny if on Sunday your taking a nice walk around some area in China and the next day you come your like _______!!!!! was that here on Sunday?!!!!! Also China is predicted to have over 500 Skyscrapers by 2030 while the USA Is in first with about 200 and with the shrinking economy the USA should see a slow down on constructing tall towers :(

They were doing roadwork on a U.S. street near our place and my husband I noted that it took longer to complete that work than it took China to build a high-speed subway.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder when the USA will start getting itself together, even though I doubt that will ever happen :(

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a post saying that maybe in the far future like 1000s of years from now, everyone on Earth will speak one language, pros are that you can be nosy and listen into other people's conversations, and you can stop using google translate. Cons are that all the 100s of languages that humans have spent time on would be wasted (Every Generation of humans forget a little bit of a major global event, eventually everyone in America will forget things like 9-11, That Pluto used to be considered a planet and so on) An example of the modern day world, humans have apparently forgot how many years back was it when technology was just starting, More than likely little children do not or have ever seen those old fashioned phones that are humongous and have large numbers with an antenna sticking out (when I was little I still remember seeing those) Supposedly in the future famous bands like the Beatles will be forgotten (I don't listen to music that much) Basically Humans will forget everything that had happen in the past slowly by each generation being born

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a lot of truth in that, but we have some advantages over previous generations. I'll confidently predict that there will be very few myths and legends from the early 21st century, simply because we now have the ability to store literally everything for future generations.

Of course, there are already those who say that Apollo was a hoax (don't get me started), but in general, the loss of knowledge has already slowed down. Shakespeare is probably the best known of the early authors in the English language, but how many more would we be aware of, had digital record keeping been available? What about the libraries which were destroyed in antiquity? We will never know what was lost.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How about the libraries that were destroyed in the Middle East last month.

Bobbi, retired librarian

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the Chinese weren't wrong when they said the year of the snake is bad luck :/ So far not even two months into the year Tensions are rising between nations (specifically NKorea and USA) Problems in the Middle East as usual Syria and Israel, Massive tornadoes in the SE USA and a blizzard in the NE USA, And a hundred more things, sheesh too bad that there will never be "peace on earth" since every 7 seconds a human dies on this planet, and I'm 1000% Sure that there hasn't been a second on earth that could be considered peaceful :/ oh well I don't want to see what will happen further on through this year >_<

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the Chinese weren't wrong when they said the year of the snake is bad luck :/ So far not even two months into the year Tensions are rising between nations (specifically NKorea and USA) Problems in the Middle East as usual Syria and Israel, Massive tornadoes in the SE USA and a blizzard in the NE USA, And a hundred more things, sheesh too bad that there will never be "peace on earth" since every 7 seconds a human dies on this planet, and I'm 1000% Sure that there hasn't been a second on earth that could be considered peaceful :/ oh well I don't want to see what will happen further on through this year >_<

Under the Chinese calendar, the new year is only days old, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts