What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World By 2050

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the year 2050 the European Commission will have announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility. Details of this agreement follow:

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.
There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the second year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if your from Europe, but is it true that Europe might Unite into a version of the United States? (IF the European Union doesn't break apart, and is successful with its Euro €) The article I read was called The United States of Europe but it was a while back really can't recall what it said lol, but Countries or Continents should not follow the USA's example from buying to many products from other counties (That's why China is rich because the USA keeps giving them money for products and the USA gets mad claiming that China is not following the currency value and is making their currency more valuable, even though that's not true because the USA is the one giving them money lol)

silverhawk76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be 77years old by then...technology will have advanced unheard of or thought of by then. Think about it....its 37 years from now..what happened 37 years ago from now...it was 1976 (the year I was born)...the world was just picking up its pace in technology.
Where do you start?

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
By the year 2050 the European Commission will have announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility. Details of this agreement follow:

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.
There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the second year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

I actually like the idea of taking off silent letters, I never got the point of writing it if it makes no sound and removing it doesn't change how the word sounds, it would be one less letter to write :)

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:/ by 2050 my city that has a little town reputation even thought it has around 800,000 people will have over 4.5 million, ....that doesn't sound like a lot (Sarcasm) I live in Fort Worth the 15th biggest City in the USA and its 15 minutes away from Dallas the 9th biggest US City, and the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex is predicted to have at least 11 million people by 2050 (DFW is the fastest growing metro in the USA) ... So much for living in a peaceful city that has low crime and lots if culture *Sigh Oh well I need to live with it by then our traffic should be like NYC, you will be driving 1 mile per 3hours. At least we will beat Houston again like always in size and population :) and Economy, but then again 4 million people in my city sounds like too much for the size of Fort Worth.... Haha hopefully I don't have problems trying to breath in polluted air with car smog -.-

Last edited:
OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well here is 2 images I found on the Internet, I'm positive their 100% Fake but you never what can be built in the future, technology is just making us lazier lol

image-3903810662.jpg

^ It would be awesome touching floating screens, but then again pressing buttons isn't that hard

image-4101315646.jpg

And here's a car which looks weird but awesome!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Powered Player said:
I read an article claiming that by 2050, 2% of the Persons on earth will be poor basically 98% of the world will be rich, Sheesh if thats true Middle Class will shift down to poor, Rich will change to middle class, and Trillionaires will be High Class lol

I saw a science programme back in the 70's that said by the year 2000 we would all be travelling on hover boards and robots would do all of our housework and menial tasks.

The past is fixed but the future can travel any of a gazillion different paths.

The Archangel

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Judging by the back to the future films we only have another 2 more years to wait until we get hover boards! So pull your finger out scientist!!! :)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Justin Bieber will be our first king. Elvis will finally be pronounced dead, (but that will be contested) and the net will finally be declared 100 BS by the Library of Congress. We will have 12,567,908 lawyers practicing law and global warming will be the reason the average worldwide temperature increased by 2.112 degrees, F..

I also predict that I will marry one of the regular IPF posters and our four kids--Justin, Elvis, Cassandra and Buttercup--will be stunning.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Justin Bieber will be our first king. Elvis will finally be pronounced dead, (but that will be contested) and the net will finally be declared 100 BS by the Library of Congress. We will have 12,567,908 lawyers practicing law and global warming will be the reason the average worldwide temperature increased by 2.112 degrees, F..

I also predict that I will marry one of the regular IPF posters and our four kids--Justin, Elvis, Cassandra and Buttercup--will be stunning.

Oh Bob--I love reading your posts!! ;)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone saw this online, look at how cloudy it is in Beijing you can't see anything, oh wait sorry I meant pollution, last week Beijing, China advised everyone from children to seniors to stay indoors and canceled schools and public activities due to HAZARDOUS levels of pollution.

China is the largest producer of coal in the world and they are building more than 1 power plant per week. China is planning to build more than 320 power plants this year and India is planning to build more than 400 plants.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
China is the largest producer of coal in the world and they are building more than 1 power plant per week. China is planning to build more than 320 power plants this year and India is planning to build more than 400 plants.

Poor people I can't even breath when there is to much smoke in the air, I wonder if they are use to it :/ I would choke to death

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Generalizing Europe as one thing is categorizing hundreds of different cultures of different wealth levels as one whole, if the EU breaks, all the countries will go solo and eventually some countries will have partnerships. And as for the high hope of space travel, the bug problem is the radioactive waves that are in outer space, but not present on Earth.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible that on the near future China will be able I construct skyscrapers in a few hours or even minutes?! I'm probably exaggerating about the minutes but China can build things quickly, They built a high rise in 6 days while in the USA it takes a few months :/ Im astonished at how advanced China is, they also built a 6 story building in a matter of hours, and they are planning to build the worlds tallest building in 90 days (about 12 WEEKS!!! And 6days) while it took Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Dubai is my favorite city in the world it looks futuristic) a few years to build Burj Khalifa which is the tallest structure in the world, b4 you know it china will be constructing everything in a blink of an eye. I find it kinda funny if on Sunday your taking a nice walk around some area in China and the next day you come your like _______!!!!! was that here on Sunday?!!!!! Also China is predicted to have over 500 Skyscrapers by 2030 while the USA Is in first with about 200 and with the shrinking economy the USA should see a slow down on constructing tall towers :(

Most reactions

Latest posts