What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World By 2050

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I would like to hear what everyone thinks about how Earth will be by 2050.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read many articles predicting earth by 2050. Earth will have more problems such as Food Scarcity, Overpopulated Cities, Disease (Cancer is expected to jump to 75% in some areas). It's 100% that the USA will not be the richest country on earth anymore, China will replace USA from money and wealth, Asia and the Middle East are predicted to have a better economy than the Americas and Europe combined. Now for the crazy things I've read on articles that are actually accurate since most had similar info. By 2050 farms will not be located in rural areas, instead Farm Skyscrapers will be built in cities to keep up with food demand (Sweden has started constriction on the worlds first Farm Skyscraper) At least 100,000 humans are expected to be in space (Companies are already selling tickets for 50,000-$100,000 to take a Vacation in Space) By then Technology should be way advanced and Invisibility will exist (Currently being worked on in UK) Force Fields already exist (Thanks to Israel and a company named TROPHY) Holographic tv should exist (The first 3D TV without glasses is actually suppose to come out by then end of 2013) and so on, and sadly flying cars will still not exist :,( but Companies are expecting cars that can drive by themselves will be more common in Developed Countries. YES this all sounds crazy but remember back then people did not believe that Phones could work without wires, that cars could be faster, that images could appear from a box (TV), that computers could fit in your lap (Back then computers took up a whole room), That you could chat with someone on the other side of the world in less then a second. Basically technology has changed rapidly and more than likely these things will exist in the future (I wonder what humans will invent by 3000 unless we have invented everything by then lol) So please feel free to leave comments on what you think Earth will be like by 2030 and maybe you can talk about where you live and how big your city will be by 2030. :) oh yeah and by 2030 Earth will have lost a CONTINENT (Antarctica) which keeps our planet cold, so weather should go out of control and hot places will get hotter or extremely cold and vice versa, and the amount of water in the oceans should increase which will cause some islands to disappear and cities to drown if they are located near rivers (Venice, Italy is predicted to drown in the future due to water rising and Venice has a lot of rivers and they use them as a main part of their transportation)

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are 2 Buildings that Sweden is building the circle shaped one is being constructed and the second one is going to start construction

image-2781169832.jpg

image-3824102285.jpg

image-1176445283.jpg

image-2805873145.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I expect to see, to put it bluntly, the rich becoming richer, and the poor becoming very poor indeed, with widespread famine due to climate change. Natural resources becoming more scarce, notably phosphorous, meaning less availability of fertilizers. Space travel, if not commonplace, at least more available than hitherto.

Computer systems will, by 2050, be wearable, and the days of 3/4G will be over, with a world wide wifi system available to all, accessible from anywhere.

I expect to see a total collapse of the EU as the Euro becomes unworkable. This will probably start with Germany and France leaving the Eurozone. Once the Euro is gone, the breakup of the EU will follow quickly. Conversely, North American countries will converge, with free movement of goods and labor by 2050. A single government for North America may come one day, but I can't see it before 2100, particularly if the EU does collapse.

Sustainable resources will become more prevalent in the developed world, but any gains re: climate change will be lost as developing nations rely more and more on fossil fuels. Climate change will be on everyone's mind, but the realization will dawn that it's already too late. The good news is that the damage done to the ozone layer by CFCs will start to repair by about 2050, and the ozone hole will start to shrink.

Don't want to be a prophet of doom, but I see bad times ahead.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate climate change lol, ):( here in Texas every year it gets hotter, we have hotter summers and colder winters than before, oh well :/ I should be happy that I'm not in Aussie according to the media Australia had to add two new colors into there Heat scale (I forgot the name of the scale that uses color to show the heat) They had 120 degrees!! just with 100 I can't go outside for 1 minute without being dehydrated and seeing heat waves in the distance, good thing every building in Texas has Air Conditioning and water acres (Water taste weird since algae grows in our lakes when the temperature gets high, that's why if you want to start a Water Bottle company make sure to do it in Texas :) you'll make a lot of money)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate climate change lol, ):( here in Texas every year it gets hotter, we have hotter summers and colder winters than before, oh well :/ I should be happy that I'm not in Aussie according to the media Australia had to add two new colors into there Heat scale (I forgot the name of the scale that uses color to show the heat) They had 120 degrees!! just with 100 I can't go outside for 1 minute without being dehydrated and seeing heat waves in the distance, good thing every building in Texas has Air Conditioning and water acres (Water taste weird since algae grows in our lakes when the temperature gets high, that's why if you want to start a Water Bottle company make sure to do it in Texas :) you'll make a lot of money)

Just a quick comment from an Aussie. Yes we have had some very hot days, not too many really, in the past week or so. A record here or there, but if you look at the record books you are comparing the last highest, say 1/2 degree centigrade difference compared to say 1947 or 1913 ( just illustrative, don't hold me to those dates, haven't a clue without research). So is climate change here? Yes, looks like it. Could really be. When it's really hot it feels hot!

Our bush fires, they have been bad this year, maybe even worse than some horrible ones in 1913 or 1947 (again, shooting from the hip). But yes, it has been hot. Aside from the the poor who have no aircon ( but in Adelaide the city council have thrown open airconditioned bus stations, libraries etc) it's really been a bit of a popular talking point, bit exciting when you think about it, maybe a very uncomfortable adventure needing the local beaches to cool off. And certainly in some cities like Brisbane and in the specific bushfire areas, of Victoria and New South Wales it was not a topic for joking at all, it was bloody hot and worrying and dangerous!

It is very likely climate change is happening now. A lot of professors are making a lot of money telling us that. There has been for the last 1 million years periods of warming. And everyone is blaming mankind for it and spending $ billions on trying to change it. But can someone just answer me this question.
If in the last one million years, when there have been 8 ice ages, that is, changes from complete global warming with everything melting, seas rising etc to a world in a complete grip of ice, (8 of them!) why are we surprised at days getting hotter now? If in those earlier global warming eras they did not have industry, cars, fossil fuel burning etc. what caused those climate changes? Dinosaurs breaking wind? We could well be within that constant cycle of change now.

The conclusion surely must be, yes global warming happens. It will happen whatever we do or don't do. So whether we are in Texas or South Australia let's try to keep cool. Geez, a cold beer would go down well now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason the world is going crazy or raising awareness of Global warming is because the continent which keeps earth cold is predicted to melt in a few years and disappear, so in the future weather will go crazy since there is no balance between hot and cold, and the reason why global warming has increased in this time is because countries have to produce products which are made in Factories, that pollute the air, back then there wasn't global warming because humans didn't know how to even carve a stick out of wood. Thanks to the industrial revolution people found out how to produce items quickly but thanks to all the factories being built, air pollution has risen to hazardous levels, and pollution increases the heat In the atmosphere which cause temps to go up.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone saw this online, look at how cloudy it is in Beijing you can't see anything, oh wait sorry I meant pollution, last week Beijing, China advised everyone from children to seniors to stay indoors and canceled schools and public activities due to HAZARDOUS levels of pollution.

image-3385012634.jpg

image-2123470512.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On a brighter note, imagine how much more advancement we can expect to see in personal computer systems if present trends continue.

I think I read a while back that Moore's law still has some life left in it, so the present crop of computers, tablets and phones are likely quite basic, compared with what we may see in the not too distant future.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
back then there wasn't global warming because humans didn't know how to even carve a stick out of wood.

G'day Powered Player. But that's just it, there were a number of "back theres". That is, it is a scientific fact that in the last one million years there have been eight ice ages. A cycle of ice age-warming, cooling etc. about every 60,000 years. Sure we didn't know how to carve a stick* but that's the point I think, these cycles happened by themselves. Of course there are scientific theories like the seas absorbing CO2 reducing temperatures and then releasing that CO2 increasing world temperatures in a cyclical fashion. Maybe other theories, but these cycles not related to human activity still happened ages ago.

So I believe, and I am no expert in any way, that we are now steadily moving into the more critical part of the natural warming cycle and I think nothing anyone will do will change the inevitable result. I too saw your interesting photos of the Beijing pollution and read about it, thanks, but wonder if it is a problem of something a country should face up to for the health of its people in the short term. And so should all the other high-polluting countries. And if they all do something perhaps they may delay the inevitable by some centuries.

Now all this is morbid to dwell upon, I know. But sometimes I just can't help shaking my head when I see the nonsense spouted by governments and the comfortably-subsidized and funded academics and politicians. That's enough from me, for heavens sake! And let's see what our iPads may look like by 2050. Maybe that new proposed technology of paper thin tablets that bend?
Regards, Andrew
* except maybe Rachel Welch in One Million Years BC:D

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i dread to think what the world will be like by then,i'm rather glad i won't be around to see it.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i dread to think what the world will be like by then,i'm rather glad i won't be around to see it.

You and me both poisonivy. But gee, there's so much in this world we can enjoy today. Humankind has a way of somehow muddling through its problems. Who knows, when it gets too bad in a few hundred years hence, we may well have moved to another planet and be enjoying life over there. Life on the planet Apple?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read an article claiming that by 2050, 2% of the Persons on earth will be poor basically 98% of the world will be rich, Sheesh if thats true Middle Class will shift down to poor, Rich will change to middle class, and Trillionaires will be High Class lol

Most reactions

Latest posts