What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The Times" iPad app not working

Temp64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I subscribe to "The Times" in London and I have tried everything today in order to download today's edition - which normally happens almost instantly - but today I am getting nowhere - I even deleted the app and then re-installed but still no joy.
Any ideas please?
Cheers

OP
T

Temp64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried that too Archangel - re-installed app; re-booted iPad etc - never had problem before so baffled!

OP
T

Temp64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just restarted iPad and app told me it was downloading and building today's edition so I got excited - but then it opened Saturday's again. Bizarre hey?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Se7enMarketing said:
Just restarted iPad and app told me it was downloading and building today's edition so I got excited - but then it opened Saturday's again. Bizarre hey?

Really bizarre! I downloaded today's edition between the time of your first post and your last one, I can't understand how it could download an old edition.

Have you tried touching the editions button to see if you can point it at today's manually?

The Archangel

OP
T

Temp64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't actually show today's edition in the 'Editions' section - Saturday is the latest.
I downloaded yesterday's Sunday Times OK.
I have just noticed that it has me down as a free trial user but I have been a subscriber for a couple of years at least - could that be anything to do with it perhaps? But even that doesn't seem possible as the trial expires on Sept 5

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too.

I find it astonishing that they close the shop to both the "live Chat" and the telephone help when the product is a 24/7 - 365 product. I've wasted so much time reinstalling and hard rebuilding, de-registering and re-registering the ipad because there is nothing anywhere to suggest that there's a problem at their end. I've read Saturdays Times on Saturday - thank you very much. I don't normally find myself getting annoyed but if they want subscription newspapers at this sort of monthly charge to work they should at least make sure it works and have people in the offices.

I hope there response to htis is to extend the sub free of charge for a month ..... but I won't hold my breath.

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be worth restarting your iPad, I have The Times App and it's working fine.

The Archangel

Can you clarify .... did you download Mondays edition please? Someone thanked you for saying so ..... and I'm puzzled.

OP
T

Temp64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has worked at last - very strange! Thanks for your invaluable help Archangel! Cheers!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uk1 said:
Can you clarify .... did you download Mondays edition please? Someone thanked you for saying so ..... and I'm puzzled.

Yes, downloaded today's edition......

image-290268574.jpg

Se7enMarketing said:
It has worked at last - very strange! Thanks for your invaluable help Archangel! Cheers!

I'm glad to hear that it is resolved.....however it happened!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts