What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sent Folder

Slingsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I send emails they do not appear in the "Sent" folder in Mail. I know that they are actually sent OK because people respond to them.
I would very much like to have a record of my emails as on other computers. Is it possible on Ipad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What kind of account to you have?

Whether and how you can do this depends on that.

If you have a POP account, you're probably out of luck. Your iPad's Sent folder is local, and can not be changed. {to the best of my knowledge, I don't' use this account}.

If you have an IMAP account, dig into the advanced settings. Eventually you'll find folder behavior for all or some of the standard folders. You can change them to folders on the server; which is what you want.

Exchange account should keep all the mail on the severs. No choice.

Hotmail is usually POP, but can be set up as Exchange.
GMail is IMAP with the default setup, but can be Exchange.
iCloud is IMAP.
Yahoo acts like it's IMAP, mostly, but I'm not sure. A bit of mystery there.

I'm not familiar with the others.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings/Mail, turn on "Always BCC myself". It's a bit more clumsy, but it works.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to settings,mail,select your account,select your account again,scroll down,advanced,sent mailbox.Select on ipad sent and on server sent.

Most reactions