What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Score App problem after IOS 5

ipad287

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THE SCORE for ipad now does not work after I updated to IOS 5 anyone else have this problem with this app.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked in the App Store if it's iOS compatible? Some apps haven't been updated yet.

Tim

Edwardfla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I can say is since I've upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and I've noticed a lot of my app behaving very strangely. Some just quite completely after a minute or so. One just doesn't work at all even after checking the app store for compatibility, there is nothing noted. I wish I had waited before upgraded. I recommended a friend upgrade his iPad 2 (he has a PC) and he was really P/O'd at me, as he lost a few of his apps, Although he did re-install them. I felt badly about it and will not recommend upgrading until more of the bugs and apps are working properly. IMHO.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately it appears that some App developers did not take the opportunity to update their apps to work with iOS 5 during the beta phases. I suspect they'll be working overtime to get it right now.

That said, sometimes a re-sync with iTunes, a restart or resetting the iPad has worked to resolve issues for others.
  • Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Home button on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the power button on the top until the Apple logo appears.
  • Reset the iPad: if restarting the iPad didn't work then you will need to reset the iPad. You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process will take longer than the restart.
More troubleshooting tips here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html#post339338

Sorry to hear about the frustrating circumstances. Hope that helps and others may have some ideas as well. Please let us know how things turn out.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THE SCORE for ipad now does not work after I updated to IOS 5 anyone else have this problem with this app.?
FWIW I just downloaded TheScore App to my iPad (running iOS 5). I gave it a few commands and it seems to be running fine.

IMG_0025.PNG

Here's what I would do. Uninstall the app completely and reinstall it. (This has worked for others on other apps as well.) With your iPad disconnected from your computer:
  • Tap and hold the app's icon.
  • Press the circled "X" in the upper right-hand corner and confirm the delete.
  • Go to the App Store and download the app again and let it install.
  • Confirm that the app is working.
  • Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
  • Re-sync your iPad.
Let us know how it goes!

Most reactions

Latest posts