What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympic Torch Relay

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm not sure my neighbours would appreciate me ringing my bell? I had heard of this but I haven't registered on line yet. Stranding, my bell looks like yours! It's my doorbell. When I'm in my garden, I can't hear the front door so we put this brass bell on instead. Works a treat.

We keep our's outside too, in a porch! Makes a loud clang & nice looking too. Also good for a "come & get it" tingaling!
The telly newsreader has just said a wife told her hubbie he couldn't shake the cat just because it had a bell round it's neck...:)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard that too. Are you watching as well. Who do you think will light the cauldron? Steve Redgrave? Roger Bannister? Any others.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I heard that too. Are you watching as well. Who do you think will light the cauldron? Steve Redgrave? Roger Bannister? Any others.

I don't want to give anything away but I've just been out to buy a box of matches!

The Archangel

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Yes, was watching that but hubbie wanted to do a re-tune...you know, that thing they have been reminding us about for months. Very complicated & definitely a man-thing (IMHO of course!) So no, not still watching:)

Think Gabriel may be in the running...or think he is.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh goodie. Make sure it doesn't go out, okay?

Wow! That was a brilliant opening ceremony! Don't you think? The fields, then the industrial revolution etc... The petals for the torch were inspirational. Whose idea was that? I loved all the music. Danny Boyle definitely hit the right note with this one. Wow. I loved it, loved it. The only thing I want to know was where was Muse? I thought they would be in there somewhere. I'm sorry, I know I'm going to upset someone but Paul McCartney? Again? I'm not a big Beatles fan and definitely not a Paul fan. I liked John better. Oh well, it had to have something I didn't enjoy, I suppose!
I loved the comedy sketches, the Queen and Bond, Mr Bean etc...

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts