What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official ipad2 smart cover

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 2 leather cases I've purchased on eBay...nice bright colors, cover both front & back of iPad, has magnetic on/off feature on front cover, from cover folds to a stand ....only $13.99 and no lines on my screen!! Only fingerprints where I have touched! I'm very sorry I wasted $69 on apple smart cover. :(

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.speedyspetparadise.weebly.com
I have 2 leather cases I've purchased on eBay...nice bright colors, cover both front & back of iPad, has magnetic on/off feature on front cover, from cover folds to a stand ....only $13.99 and no lines on my screen!! Only fingerprints where I have touched! I'm very sorry I wasted $69 on apple smart cover. :(

Do you have a link to the store on eBay where you purchased them? Or a brand name?

cocorivers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something weird happened to my iPad today. My bag has a bunch of magnets in it for closing openings, and my iPad got in between two magnets once. For some reason, the magnets have the same result as the smart cover on it. Does anyone know why?

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cocorivers said:
Something weird happened to my iPad today. My bag has a bunch of magnets in it for closing openings, and my iPad got in between two magnets once. For some reason, the magnets have the same result as the smart cover on it. Does anyone know why?

There are 2 cool YouTube videos

1. Disassembling iPad
2. Magnet tricks with the iPad

What these show is that there are 2 areas along the right hand side of the iPad (on the side of the volume rocker switch), where if a magnet is in close proximity it turns off the device.

You can locate the areas more accurately with a small magnet or you can use the outer aspect of the custom apple screen cover.

Hope this answers your question.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

lucyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For ipad 2 smart cover, I like the spider ipad 2 smart cover, no matter the look or the function, it is better than the official ipad 2 smart cover, it has the back cover, and it is very cool and special, only $29.99, much cheaper than the officail one. See the attachment.

Attachments

• T2pyJiXmdMXXXXXXXX_!!307623532.jpg
    T2pyJiXmdMXXXXXXXX_!!307623532.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 256
  • T2qy4iXhBMXXXXXXXX_!!307623532.jpg
    T2qy4iXhBMXXXXXXXX_!!307623532.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 250
  • T1URN.XaRtXXadF1.6_061456.jpg_310x310.jpg
    T1URN.XaRtXXadF1.6_061456.jpg_310x310.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 191

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lucyna said:
For ipad 2 smart cover, I like the spider ipad 2 smart cover, no matter the look or the function, it is better than the official ipad 2 smart cover, it has the back cover, and it is very cool and special, only $29.99, much cheaper than the officail one. See the attachment.

That's pretty cool.

cocorivers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
There are 2 cool YouTube videos

1. Disassembling iPad
2. Magnet tricks with the iPad

What these show is that there are 2 areas along the right hand side of the iPad (on the side of the volume rocker switch), where if a magnet is in close proximity it turns off the device.

You can locate the areas more accurately with a small magnet or you can use the outer aspect of the custom apple screen cover.

Hope this answers your question.

Oh thanks!! I was really curious about that. That's interesting ^-^

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How's the viewing angle when it's upright for watching a movie? That's the one thing I don't like about the Apple Smart Cover is when you have it set up for watching video it's too stright up and down, needs to be angled back a little more.

Most reactions

Latest posts