What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Items will be added

Been busy all day. I'll get everything updated tonight with new stuff

Last edited:
OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Added new rooCase's

Changed "coming soon" status for;
Targus - vucomplete
TheJoeFactory - joyful wish and connect the dots

They are now available!

Still awaiting announcements for new cases from blurex, poetic, speck and Logitech

SirJosue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
Nice! But.. clamcase that was made for the 2 or for the 3? Or are they just rebadging the 2 for the 3? I don't remember off the top of my head.

If it is for the 2, I'll note it on the list!

I copied this from the thread i posted.

Clamcase Update!
I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High Quality and sleek style. I am very picky about products I buy and I have to say I give this 10 out of 10! rating.

Then I said lets do the fit test.
Does the New iPad fit in the iPad 2 Clamcase? The answer is YES!!!!!
It fits Perfectly without having to bend the clips or modify the case in anyway!
I thought since it was a tad bit thicker than maybe it wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room and still maintains a snug fit! As a matter of fact, when I placed it in the Clamcase for the very first time, I forgot that I had a Invisible shield Body protector on the back! (its like a screen protector but for the body of the iPad) and actually makes the New iPad a little thicker since it is made of a thin layer of vinyl! And to top if off I even have a screen protector on the front also!
I would highly recommend this case to anyone that has been looking into buying a all in one keyboard case! 5 Star Rating from me!

Again, the New iPad with a Invisible Shield vinyl body protector and a front screen protector fits in the Clamcase for iPad 2 without bending the clips or modifying the case in any way! It still aligns perfectly when closed!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the looks of that Roo case! My 1st IPAD ever will be here Tue & I've been trying to decide on a cover. There are 2 Roo cases I can't chose b/n. On Amazon both had good reviews for the New IPAD. The RooCase Dual View you can use it in both landscape & port. views. It looks like you can detach the inner sleeve for lighter handheld use. THe RooCase COnvertible Premium you can only use in landscape. However I like the looks of the Covertible one much better. I don't know which one to order!

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SirJosue said:
I copied this from the thread i posted.

Clamcase Update!
I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High Quality and sleek style. I am very picky about products I buy and I have to say I give this 10 out of 10! rating.

Then I said lets do the fit test.
Does the New iPad fit in the iPad 2 Clamcase? The answer is YES!!!!!
It fits Perfectly without having to bend the clips or modify the case in anyway!
I thought since it was a tad bit thicker than maybe it wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room and still maintains a snug fit! As a matter of fact, when I placed it in the Clamcase for the very first time, I forgot that I had a Invisible shield Body protector on the back! (its like a screen protector but for the body of the iPad) and actually makes the New iPad a little thicker since it is made of a thin layer of vinyl! And to top if off I even have a screen protector on the front also!
I would highly recommend this case to anyone that has been looking into buying a all in one keyboard case! 5 Star Rating from me!

Again, the New iPad with a Invisible Shield vinyl body protector and a front screen protector fits in the Clamcase for iPad 2 without bending the clips or modifying the case in any way! It still aligns perfectly when closed!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime.

I've just seen the clam case!!! Amazing but not available in the uk :( sad times

SirJosue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
Nice! But.. clamcase that was made for the 2 or for the 3? Or are they just rebadging the 2 for the 3? I don't remember off the top of my head.

If it is for the 2, I'll note it on the list!

I forgot to answer your question when I answered, Yes the Clamcase for iPad 2 is the same as the one for the New iPad, they just changed the packaging and labels on the box!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeswife said:
I like the...

Such a dilemma isn't it?! Amazon has fantastic return policy as we all know. If i was in your shoes I would just buy both. Then return which ever I don't like. (Remember if you do this, make sure it is sold from Amazon or fulfilled from Amazon. Not a 3rd party seller)

I_luv_Apple said:

:(

SirJosue said:
I forgot to answer your question when I answered...

Thanks for the update! I'll make note of it

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead & ordered the RooCase Dual one that the part w/the IPAD itself can detach if you want it to, plus you can stand it up port. or landscape. Ordered it in magneta! It'll be here b/n the 9th-11th. I'm just not a sender back of things. Just one more thing to add to my stress list! I'll let y'all know how this one works out! Now if only Fed Ex delievered to me on Saturdays & I could get my IPAD!

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a Cygnett Lavish Earth case. The box was retrofitted with a label that states 'new iPad + iPad2'. At first I thought the magnets weren't lined up properly but when I tested the case on my iPad2 I found that I needed to press down on the corners ever so gently to put the iPad to sleep. So then I tested it again on my new iPad and it functions the same way - so that's the design, not a defect. Now that I'm accustomed to it I'm satisfied with the operation of the magnets and have no desire to exchange it for a different case.

I'm happy because the case protects my iPad and it's a beautiful purple (my favorite color). The workmanship on the case is beautiful - it reminds me of a Coach bag. All ports are accessible, and the speaker functions well, but all edges and the screen are protected. Accidents happen around here, and I don't want an accident to disable my iPad (I've been extra vigilant about protective cases since I broke the screen on my first Palm PDA.)

One caveat is that it's noticeably heavier than the Sonix folio case I have for my iPad 2. My iPad rarely leaves home, but if you carry it about with you then you might want to check the weight before ordering online.

Last edited:

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still looking for a shell for the back, I want very minimal, not sure if rigid or semi rigid is best, and perfect fit, with a nice feel to provide a bit of grip, any recommendations?

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jrs22 - note taken, thanks :)

Qwho said:
I am still looking for a shell for the back, I want very minimal, not sure if rigid or semi rigid is best, and perfect fit, with a nice feel to provide a bit of grip, any recommendations?

Are you going to be or already using a smart cover? Then a belkin snap shield for the 3, incipio feather... I'm missing one, I think there is another major branded back cover.. there's a ton of generic ones on eBay but I question the quality control and long term durability of those.

If you just want the whole back covered with no use of a smart cover... I can vouche for a TPU case. I use one on my phone and its good. I can only imagine the samething for the ipad. Been needing to add the link for those. Otherwise you can go the folio route but that will add some thickness

Most reactions