The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by exile, Mar 13, 2012.

1. exile

exile
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    item has been added

Everything is up to date now :)

2. exile

exile
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Not sure which one this user got.

But if anyone has the aluminum gen 1 design from zagg, or any generic case just like it; which was made for the 2 and works on the 3 - let me know :)

Link to amazon Zagg gen 1 keyboard case

#172 exile, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. johnml

johnml
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Anybody know of any ipad3 cases that have come out yet? Most are 2 gen covers/cases. I'm trying hard to keep mine scratch free until I can find a cover for the back. I want a speck or new belkin -minimal thickness but still protected.

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Most manufacturers have their new covers listed. I just ordered mine back shell from Coveroo since they have a promotion going on. I had been planning to get the Incipio Feather in the dark grey to match my cover, but they were not delivering until next month. It may be that the suppliers I looked out were out of stock, but I decided to go with what I was familar with. My only concern is that they are using the same cover for both the iPad 2. Some designs are able to work with both and some are marginal about it. I can always get a second one in 2-3 months if needed, but I would like to have more luck with finding the perfect fit. My iPad 1 went through 6 different types before I found what I wanted.

5. JewelGarden

JewelGarden
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    i got this case about a week ago. It fits well and has a nice, sleek feel. Stitching is even and tight. I like it very much. Only problem is the magnets in the cover do not activate the sleep/wake function on mine. Not a big deal to me, but it might matter to others.

6. VizagDude

VizagDude
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    #176 VizagDude, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. Kamakzie

Kamakzie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  8. Wildfire

Wildfire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    What I wrote is all it said on the package. Just iPad, nothing about 1, 2 or 3. Best deal I ever got. On the other hand, I also bought a 3-in-1 Touchscreen STYLUS KIT that included a Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth, 20 ml Cleaning solution, and a Touch Screen Stylus Pen by XTREME.
    Well, the first two items obviously were OK even though I wouldn't spray anything on my touch screen. However, the Touch Screen Stylus Pen was a bust. Didn't work at all. I guess you can't win them all. Since the total was only $6.99, I won't take it back, since I live about 50+ miles from the store and the gas went up to $3.65 a gallon today.

9. Wildfire

Wildfire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, this is my first iPad, even though I bought one of the first 64K Apple PCs a lifetime ago. Actually it was my company who paid for it so I could do my budgets more quickly. With a limited memory, I had to split it several times. After our Apple experience we went to IBM PCs All you saw was a blinking cursor!!! Used a program called Visicalc. I don't think many on this forum would remember that one...Back to the present! So first I have to figure out how to get a picture from my Canon to my iPad, then to this thread and specifically to your post:-(

I learn by doing, because reading the Apple guide will take forever.

10. JewelGarden

JewelGarden
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    VisiCalc !! WordStar ! Those keyboard command combos are still engrained at the cellular level. Glad those days are gone and good riddance!