What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I am really enjoying my new covers, and they fit my style perfectly, I should mention that I also have several messenger bags and a laptop back that I take for overnight or long trips. Right now, I am trying to find the ideal way to carry my accessories like cables and chargers.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you can fit everything in the laptop bag, unless its a pretty tiny bag. The charger for the ipad is puny compared to a laptop charger. I just stick everything into my messenger bag. My messenger bag also has a laptop slot. So everything gets shoved in there :D

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the incipio NGP is smart cover compatible? I just bought the third gen incipio smart feather cover then found the NGP. The incipio smart feather is available on amazon cheaper than Incipio. Same stock number Incipio shows is on Amazon. Anybody have any reviews on this?

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeing how the case is molded, I don't think so. There's no cutout for the smart cover.

I guess you could cut out a section of the case for the smart cover... Seems pointless to do so though. Maybe you can have the ngp go over the edge of the smart cover hinge. Otherwise, might as well keep the feather

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I thought, but I swear I read a review (the only one) on Amazon for the NGP that said it was great with the smart shield. The Incipio site didn't specify it though. Thanks-

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah just saw a review like that on the incipio site. I find that very hard to believe if both were paird together (at the same time) without the ngp being cut.

SirJosue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Clamcase for my iPad 3rd gen, I love it! works great!
i can answer any questions anyone has about it.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice! But.. clamcase that was made for the 2 or for the 3? Or are they just rebadging the 2 for the 3? I don't remember off the top of my head.

If it is for the 2, I'll note it on the list!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Item has been added, thanks!

Completely forgot about Roocase. I'll check out their site and add any other new/existing cases

jmanaois

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the Zagg folio carbon fiber edition for iPad 2 at Toys R Us of all places. Only $50 on sale. Great price. It fits the 3 and the magnets work. Love the keyboard and hope it doesn't go flakey on me like some. It does have a decent feel. Only thing I need to get use to is hitting the lock button that is located just above the delete button. Other than that, I was amazed at the prizing at the Toys R Us. it is the folio for iPad 2 (no sticker for the 3). I was hesitant but when I checked the current pricing online, it made it an easy decision and it worked out great!http://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-ZAGGfoli...A4DO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333087075&sr=8-1

Tripleeaglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Speck Smartshell for my iPad 2--love it. I switched it to my new iPad 3 and it's a tight fit but works fine, especially with the Smart Cover.

Most reactions