The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 7, 2012.

1. pianoman

pianoman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't think Apple ever anticipated the sheer volume of preorders this time. And they force the carriers to hold until launch day. If you live in a Metro Area it doesn't surprise me one bit that hundreds of 3/16 promise dates didn't arrive. There's only so much one driver can do in one day. Apple's silly about the Friday release dates. They should make it Wed or Thu and then only promise BY Friday.

I gave up on preorder after both by 3GS and 4 did NOT come when promised. I'm a line stander now and I'm always first in line at the Apple Store in my area. :) Works every time. I will never use preorder ever again. And in my area - as long as your at the mall when it opens - you're first in line. No need for the 4am wait nonsense. I'm there at 8:30am and am first in line. So I'm a changed man! :) And if you're first in line on the East Coast (as I am) you always get yours before the FedEx or UPS trucks arrive to any preorder folks anywhere in the country. :)...
    ... that is, if being "first to have one on day 1" matters to you.... lol

#421 pianoman, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. FunkatronJive

FunkatronJive
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If I wasnt 3 hours from an Apple store (or if it at least wasnt a weekday) I would have been standing in line too..... Im sure I will get it someday... but by the way the UPS CSR said I will have it by the 21st I bet I wont even get it tomorrow..... I wonder if UPS packages only come my way when there is a certain amount??? Is that possible? I just dont get why it was left behind today when its been there ALLLLL weekend and even ALL day friday....

3. bryanpog

bryanpog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Mines out for delivery!!

4. FunkatronJive

FunkatronJive
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Finally got mine!!!!!!!!!

5. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So glad you have finally received your iPad, woohoo, the wait is over, now Enjoy!

6. celly

celly
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah! Finally. :)

7. FunkatronJive

FunkatronJive
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm so glad it finally came also..... I called UPS this morning and they told me they were just waiting on the direction of apple to deliver to me.... I called Apple and Apple called UPS told them they had no idea when it would be delivered at that point I didn't care anymore.... 6 hours later it arrived!!!!!!

We are going to Edmonton on the weekend..... I gotta find a case.... I don't like the one I bought

8. Chris949RN

Chris949RN
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Got mine too and absolutely love it!!! :thumbs:

9. mossfur

mossfur
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    :thumbs:Boy has this thread slowed down, ok got my new Ipad yesterday 20 march,ordered on 10 march,the stats are interesting, i had 3 different shipping dates and 3 different dilivery dates, went from processing to shipped,no mention of China or the west coast at all,says it was shipped out of Lewisberry Pa.,so Apple must have stock piles througout the U.S. Appears to be a great unit but i notice it runs a lot warmer than the 1 and 2 did. Ipad 3 16 gb 4 g black.

10. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Glad you have it. I was expecting the thread to continue a bit longer, but I guess it's now a mainstream item.