What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mdholm said:
Except I'm not a young person! But I've been known to stand in line for a concert or two and even took my clothes off...twice...on a cruise ship with the band Barenaked Ladies and 1000 fans.

Woo, you must be young at heart then, at least! I would have liked to have seen that band, I think!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people never grow up, thank goodness. You don't grow older, just takes longer to heal.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim Cook announced the new iPad at 6pm UK time on 7th March... UK Apple Store down all evening.

8th March 6am, placed my 64gb 4G Black pre-order, delivery to Hertfordshire, England. *Order details indicate 16th March delivery.

10th March 11am, received "shipped" email with delivery number, stating delivery on 16th March.

10th March 11pm, received sms msg from Apple indicating order will be delivered on OR BEFORE 16th March. *Status on "Track Orders" web page states "Shipped on 10-Mar-2012 Delivers on March 16". Being delivered by UPS.

12th March 9.30am, similar to other folk, the payment to Apple doesn't appear in my credit card online statement, and when I enter the tracking number into the UPS online tracking service *I get the message ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later." Doh... I'm now starting to think I only dreamed of making a pre-order!

14th March 5.30pm, received Apple Store Billing Document. *Checked online credit card statement... shows payment taken on 10th March. *UPS tracking still showing ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

15th March 10.15pm, UPS tracking site says "In transit: On time" and has reached Tamworth,GB.

16th March 5.33am, "On vehical for delivery today" Luton,GB. That's just 8 miles away!

GARoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked FedEX. Still shows "on time delivery" but I don't know how that would be possible. It shows 2 locations in PA, then arriving in Memphis, TN, then departing @ 3:56AM. I live in Michigan & Memphis is 800 miles away. When it was in PA that was some 500 miles. Why to Memphis 1st, who knows? Unless it's on a plane, no way it coming today! Bummed. :eek:

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim Cook announced the new iPad at 6pm UK time on 7th March... UK Apple Store down all evening.

8th March 6am, placed my 64gb 4G Black pre-order, delivery to Hertfordshire, England. *Order details indicate 16th March delivery.

10th March 11am, received "shipped" email with delivery number, stating delivery on 16th March.

10th March 11pm, received sms msg from Apple indicating order will be delivered on OR BEFORE 16th March. *Status on "Track Orders" web page states "Shipped on 10-Mar-2012 Delivers on March 16". Being delivered by UPS.

12th March 9.30am, similar to other folk, the payment to Apple doesn't appear in my credit card online statement, and when I enter the tracking number into the UPS online tracking service *I get the message ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later." Doh... I'm now starting to think I only dreamed of making a pre-order!

14th March 5.30pm, received Apple Store Billing Document. *Checked online credit card statement... shows payment taken on 10th March. *UPS tracking still showing ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

15th March 10.15pm, UPS tracking site says "In transit: On time" and has reached Tamworth,GB.

16th March 5.33am, "On vehicle for delivery today" Luton,GB. That's just 8 miles away!

16th March 12.13, IT'S ARRIVED... playtime... :-D

Last edited:

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At local sorting facility east of Houston - said delivery will be before 3:00 p.m .CST - here at work - making money so I can buy apps LOL! And keep me occupied until it is delivered at home - where my daughter is waiting to sign.

It is finally here.

GARoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked FedEX. Still shows "on time delivery" but I don't know how that would be possible. It shows 2 locations in PA, then arriving in Memphis, TN, then departing @ 3:56AM. I live in Michigan & Memphis is 800 miles away. When it was in PA that was some 500 miles. Why to Memphis 1st, who knows? Unless it's on a plane, no way it coming today! Bummed. :eek:

I guess FedEX knows what they're doing. My iPad arrived at the local hub (Flint, MI - 50 miles away) & is on the truck, out for delivery!

Cool!:D

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Commerce City, CO, United States 03/16/2012 6:44 A.M. Out For Delivery

Yay! This is MORE exciting than the original iPad because although I preordered and got it on the first (or 2nd) day, I never followed Apple products and just happened to hear about the hype on MSNBC. I really didn't know what to expect.

I'm rarely more that 10 feet from my iPad. Use it for everything - including workout video apps.

Like a kid at Christmas!

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
door bell rang early today ups usually here around 3 oh well i got my new ipad
woo hooo

michele5389

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would call FedEx CS. I called and was told they are shipping so many they are not updating as much. The CSR told me where mine was and about an hour later the website confirmed it was out for delivery.

iPad 3 64gb LTE

Last edited:

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping info on tracking now - moving from Birmingham and out for delivery. It's going to be as advertised for delivery on 16th. One more day YaY!

Woo Hoo! New iPad is in my hands. I was also lucky that the new defender case for New iPad arrived yesterday. As I went for the whire new iPad the slight white border that remains when encased creates a noce effect. I have been an otterbox defender fan since having one for my 3rd gen iTouch and then for original iPad. With the new iPad version they actually provide a built in screen protector which was not provided integrally with first iPad case nor as I understand for the iPad 2 version.

Unbelievable is the word! I hope you all get your delivered on schedule!

Most reactions