The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, definitely restore it, just in case the worst happens when in transit back to Apple.

The Archangel

2. kevroc

kevroc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, call me paranoid, but I usually backup/sync my iPad, then I go into the mobilesync / backups folder and rename the backup folder (usually just putting the date after the end of the serial number). Then I connect the iPad again and let it do a another complete backup. That way I know I have 2 full backups in case anything happens. The last thing I want to do is lose all of my app settings etc.

3. casey3557

casey3557
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I ordered on 3/7 at around 8:00 pm --- white 16GB wifi engraved. Received shipping notice for 3/16 delivery. Just checked again and device is in Anchorage.......getting closer! :D. I currently have the first generation iPad and am happy for the upgrades.

4. samch

samch
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i'm really confused as to why when i ordered my ipad 3 at 12.40am on the 8th someone else in uk who ordered the same ipad at 6am is getting there's delivered by the 16th and mines not being shipped till between the 16th to 19th wondering if ordering the apple tv has delayed it :( would of ordered them separately if id realized .anyone else order the apple tv and getting a later shipping day ? iv always managed to get my apple stuff on launch day before and i feel like a big kid sulking to think iv got to wait a extra week lol

5. samch

samch
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i don't have a estimated arrival date either which is odd :( might end up going in store on launch day then canceling my order like i did last year

just called apple and they have no explanation as to why i have to wait longer than other people and were really unhelpful :( i just have to wait and see when it comes basically

#205 samch, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  6. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It could be a different model of iPad, or different color. The white iPads went out of stock early, and I imagine the 32Gb models went first.

7. engelke2011

engelke2011
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered the 32gb black WiFi+4G at around 9am on 3/9. I didn't get the order confirmation email until this morning, which I had an Apple rep resend for me. She did say that my order was fine and I should be getting it on Friday. Can't wait!

8. xpatrickstar

xpatrickstar
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!
    32gb white wifi :)

9. HONEY BADGER

HONEY BADGER
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Have any of you guys checked your bank statements because on the 7th when i preordered the ipad was peninding charge and now today theres nothing about the ipad in there but i have recieved the shipment info and the tracking number and its on its way i just dont know when they are gonna charge me for the ipad???? maybe on the 16th when i get it????

10. Nikki86

Nikki86
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello, new to the site, ordered my iPad on launch day, just received my email saying my iPad has shipped. I also received my FedEx tracking number! I'm so excited. I ordered a Black, 16G WiFi+4G LTE iPad this time around. I had a 16G Black WiFi only iPad (first generation), and just recently sold my 32G Black WiFi only iPad (second generation) on Craigslist the Wednesday before launch day for $450 cash. :)