What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fairwayman said:
Ok guys, I have backed up my iPad 2, so what is the 1st thing I do when I sync iTunes with the new iPad, restore from backup? I am trying to sell the 2 now, but want to retain the same apple ID on the new iPad and all the apps/content.
TIA

That's it exactly, restore from backup and you'll be good to go!

The Archangel

Mistweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered.
[h=4]iPad with Wi-Fi 64GB - Black (3rd generation)[/h]
Ships: by March 19
Delivers Mar 23 via Standard Shipping

[h=4]iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for AT&T 64GB - Black (3rd generation)[/h]
Ships: by March 19
Delivers Mar 26 via Standard Shipping

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I said I wouldn't but I did. I ordered today (3/11/2012) and the estimated delivery is 3/26. Just in time to give hubby my IPad2 for his birthday (3/27). Ordered 64GB LTE. Black. Very exciting!

Edited because I called Apple and changed the color from white to black. By the way, the customer service rep was friendly and very helpful. Wonderful experience.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Last edited:

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got in an iPad2 on 3/2, then saw the news about the new iPad coming out on 3/7. I already have the return authorization and will be sending it back this coming week. Meanwhile, I put my order in for the new iPad the first day ... after the pre-order screens finally started functioning. I've already got a ton of apps on the one going back, so glad that iCloud will let me continue where I left off. Should I reset the old one before sending it back?

Stan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saholz said:
I just got in an iPad2 on 3/2, then saw the news about the new iPad coming out on 3/7. I already have the return authorization and will be sending it back this coming week. Meanwhile, I put my order in for the new iPad the first day ... after the pre-order screens finally started functioning. I've already got a ton of apps on the one going back, so glad that iCloud will let me continue where I left off. Should I reset the old one before sending it back?

Stan

Yes, definitely restore it, just in case the worst happens when in transit back to Apple.

The Archangel

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's it exactly, restore from backup and you'll be good to go!

The Archangel

Well, call me paranoid, but I usually backup/sync my iPad, then I go into the mobilesync / backups folder and rename the backup folder (usually just putting the date after the end of the serial number). Then I connect the iPad again and let it do a another complete backup. That way I know I have 2 full backups in case anything happens. The last thing I want to do is lose all of my app settings etc.

casey3557

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 3/7 at around 8:00 pm --- white 16GB wifi engraved. Received shipping notice for 3/16 delivery. Just checked again and device is in Anchorage.......getting closer! :D. I currently have the first generation iPad and am happy for the upgrades.

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm really confused as to why when i ordered my ipad 3 at 12.40am on the 8th someone else in uk who ordered the same ipad at 6am is getting there's delivered by the 16th and mines not being shipped till between the 16th to 19th wondering if ordering the apple tv has delayed it :( would of ordered them separately if id realized .anyone else order the apple tv and getting a later shipping day ? iv always managed to get my apple stuff on launch day before and i feel like a big kid sulking to think iv got to wait a extra week lol

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have a estimated arrival date either which is odd :( might end up going in store on launch day then canceling my order like i did last year

just called apple and they have no explanation as to why i have to wait longer than other people and were really unhelpful :( i just have to wait and see when it comes basically

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be a different model of iPad, or different color. The white iPads went out of stock early, and I imagine the 32Gb models went first.

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the 32gb black WiFi+4G at around 9am on 3/9. I didn't get the order confirmation email until this morning, which I had an Apple rep resend for me. She did say that my order was fine and I should be getting it on Friday. Can't wait!

HONEY BADGER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any of you guys checked your bank statements because on the 7th when i preordered the ipad was peninding charge and now today theres nothing about the ipad in there but i have recieved the shipment info and the tracking number and its on its way i just dont know when they are gonna charge me for the ipad???? maybe on the 16th when i get it????

Nikki86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, new to the site, ordered my iPad on launch day, just received my email saying my iPad has shipped. I also received my FedEx tracking number! I'm so excited. I ordered a Black, 16G WiFi+4G LTE iPad this time around. I had a 16G Black WiFi only iPad (first generation), and just recently sold my 32G Black WiFi only iPad (second generation) on Craigslist the Wednesday before launch day for $450 cash. :)

Most reactions