What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

superdedor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my Ipad 2 32 Gb, Black 3G Verizon model, and was very happy for a couple of days until it traveled to Mexico City!

Turns out I need the AT&T model to be able to get a data plan down there!

Anybody want to trade a Verizon for an AT&T model?

tecwritr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally found one at a local Walmart and cancelled my apple store order. iPad 2 wifi 64 gig

jimswside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't wait for apple, called around today & found my iPad2 @. Superwalmart. 16gb wifi white.... They also had a few 32gb wifis white & black.

Canceling my apple store order tomorrow, really didn't want to wait a month.

Quick to set up, already downloaded WSP 25th anniversary show, and at synched it to my hp laptop. "fire on the mountain".

So far, really impressed with this product.

Slainte....

brucebotti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just cancelled my order since I was able to get my IPad2 at the local Apple Store. My birthday is Friday, and I really wanted to get it by then, not my scheduled 4/14 delivery. So I decided to try my local Apple store. I wasn't able to get there as early as I wanted due to traffic, so I didn't arrive until about 8:05. Much to my surprise there were only 15-20 people in line. An Apple employee immediately asked me which model I wanted, gave me a ticket, and said that the store would open at 9:00. When I left about 10:00 (I had them set it up for me), there were a fair number of people in line, but he still had a pretty good chunk of tickets left. The hour wait in line went by quickly, talking with the folks in line and dreaming of the IPad. My hats off to all the Apple folks for making this a great experience!
Bruce

PS The Apple store is at the West Farms Mall in Farmington, CT. The doors of the Mall open at 7:00; They start giving out tickets at 8:00, and start selling at 9:00. They did mention that inventories are getting better and the lines shorter. They did mention to avoid the weekends. Good luck in your searches.

brett.miller62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that kind of upsets me. I order my white 64GB WiFi model a couple of weeks ago, and it won't ship until 4/21. Shouldn't Apple fulfill actually PAID orders before they increase inventories shipments to stores, Radio Shacks, and Europe?

Seems like my lead time should shrink if inventories are getting "better".

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this iPad 2 had it since Monday 3/21/2011. Ordered online on march 11

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This will be my first iPad. Please tell me why you still use your original iPad to do your school work and not the new iPad2?

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really had some good luck in getting my iPad2 yesterday. I did get up at 3.00am so I could place an order online at 4.00am PDT. It worked well but the quoted shipping date was 15 April in the confirmation email.

Around 4.50pm I was driving to meet my wife and her work colleagues for a meal. I drove by an apple reseller in the east end of Ottawa and there was no sign of a queue. I went into the store and within a few minutes had a ticket for a white 64gb. I was able to leave the store meet my wife and have the meal, then pick up the iPad2 around 7.00pm. Was at home playing with it by 8.00pm after cancelling the online order.

:)
Struck lucky again. On Sunday my wife said after using my iPad2 to play a game that she changed her mind that touch screen would never replace a mouse for games. She thought she would like to give her laptop to our daughter and upgrade to iPad2. I knew from Friday (release date in Canada) that local stores were sold out and decided I would try and get one on Tuesday. The first store visited had no stock. The next had a sign showing out of stock. I decided to ask anyway. The reply was that a small shipment had arrived within the last hour. Was able to get a 32gb.

My wife was relieved that she would not have a long wait. I was happy that once again I was in right place at right time.

astaclub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying my best to IPAD2 but all were "not in stock", today i was just walking so thought lets give a visit to apple store, I almost walked after asking "any Ipad2 in stock" thinking i will get same answer-NONE.
but she replied we have tonnes of them in stock, i said i wanted ATT but she said all of them she had were VERIZON, she just sold the last ATT 15 minutes before i arrived.
I wanted ATT one so i did not buy it and i asked her if i can come tomorrow. She told me that they had around 100 people in line. :)
I only went there 4:15 and they still have "tonnes of verizon" in stock if soeone want to go and buy it
It was APPLE store in washington square-Portland

MacLicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my black 64gb iPad 2 3G. I got mine on the 29th of March. Reserved it online the night before on the Apple retail store website to pick up the next day. No line ups!
iPad 2 rocks!

davidrw99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipped early!

I just received my iPad 2 about one week earlier than the estimate on the Apple e-mail acknowledging my order! The shipping e-mail was first for the smart cover, and then a day later for the iPad 2 itself. I have just unwrapped it, applied a skin to the back and I'll be setting it up to sync as soon as I get home (@ work now!).

Black WiFi, 64 GB.

really looking forward to putting it through its paces!

dynabiker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine this morning 32 gig wi-fi white

Got mine this morning White 32 Gig Wi Fi from CDW Got the new Cover in Green also. Daughter gets my old Ipad 32 Gig WiFI.:ipad-keyboard::)

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got my first iPad today. Black 16gb 3g is all I need with my pogo plug cloud server. I don't think I'm going to work tomorrow. Just a day at home with the new gadget.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be joining everyone soon. Will someone please post your views; was it worth the wait? Does it live up to all the hype??? PLEASE USPS bring mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts