What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After more than a week of searching, I finally got an iPad 2 that I wanted. No waking up early in the morning, no waiting in line. I've been calling all nearby Best Buy stores pretty much everyday and one particular store happen to have received a fresh shipment. Most of them were reserved items but the only left over they had was the exact model that I wanted! The entire process was very painful but the result was fruitful. :)

KneeDragr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad 2 yesterday, still havent gotten the plastic off the box and probably wont until this weekend!
Work is busy and I have a 16 month old at home, so time is very precious.
Im praying I dont have bad backlight bleeding, and looking forward to Friday after work when I can play with it.

aden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After more than a week of searching, I finally got an iPad 2 that I wanted. No waking up early in the morning, no waiting in line. I've been calling all nearby Best Buy stores pretty much everyday and one particular store happen to have received a fresh shipment. Most of them were reserved items but the only left over they had was the exact model that I wanted! The entire process was very painful but the result was fruitful. :)

Same here...No waiting in line,didn't wake up early in the morning or such ...Just was calling the nearby sams club and BINGO ! I GOT MINE TODAY...in less than 15 days after the release..My online order showed a wait time of 5 weeks,which i canceled as i checked out the Ipad !
And guess what, the price is 11$ less the MSRP, lower sales tax ,no recycle fee as Apple charges on their online ordering.
16GB ipad 2 -total $488+$40=$528 !

Rbraughn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Best Buy for an SD card, and stumbled across a fresh shipment of 14. Put my SD cards back on the shelf and got a 64 gig wi fi 3G model:D

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad they are starting to show up. This is the best iPad forum on the web without a doubt.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jeffreyalan4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad Gods hate me!

I'm cursed!! I've been lining up EVERYDAY for TEN DAYS with no luck. Then a friend who has put 10 MINUTES OF EFFORT gets exactly the model he wants from some dude in LA who has a bunch for sale.

Long story short, I emailed the guy last night and picked up my 64GB ATT today!! it is glorious!

If you're still searching you can try him [email protected] but i dunno what's left.

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lucky Me

I really had some good luck in getting my iPad2 yesterday. I did get up at 3.00am so I could place an order online at 4.00am PDT. It worked well but the quoted shipping date was 15 April in the confirmation email.

Around 4.50pm I was driving to meet my wife and her work colleagues for a meal. I drove by an apple reseller in the east end of Ottawa and there was no sign of a queue. I went into the store and within a few minutes had a ticket for a white 64gb. I was able to leave the store meet my wife and have the meal, then pick up the iPad2 around 7.00pm. Was at home playing with it by 8.00pm after cancelling the online order.

:)

jsa4309

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 shipping notification

I tried to get an iPad 2 at Best Buy and Target on 3/12. No luck. Ordered on 3/13 from Apple. First notice said shipment by 4/1. Got a notification that it shipped from China today, 3/26 with delivery 3/31. I thought the parts problems mentioned as a result of the Japan quake might delay. Already have iPad. Getting iPad 2 mainly for Face Time to see grandkids. Wife will keep her iPad. We keep finding new apps that are amazing.

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine Friday. My wife surprised me with an early bday gift before our cruise. I absolutely love it. Wow.

We just went with the 16g black wifi as we are also purchasing iPhones next month. Lol. Guess the bug bit me pretty good

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad 2 32GB 3G in Black on Friday and im loving it :)

Got it from PCW at Hedge End and was customer number 1 :D

It's my first iPad and I am new to apple products so I have plenty to learn!

lickinfrogz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i actually picked up a 32gb black ipad at walmart which is a 6 minute walk from my house, on 3/11. i walked in was third in line out of 6 people,was out in 10 minutes. I did however hear the local best buy had a few hundred people waiting in line. no idea why though,we have 6 walmarts within a 15 mile radius.
i was surprised there was such a low turnout. worked out for me though.
so far i love it. i still use my ipad1 for most of my school work though.

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got mine last week thursday and just yesterday got around to setting it up. i love this thing. glad i finally got one. it is a great companion to my iPhone4 despite what some folks say. it's not just a big iTouch, it's a thing in and of itself.

so far i'm very happy with the exception of one thing, the calendar. i love the overall look of it, however, don't know why they used such lightly colored lines and numbers i almost can't see it. too bad they didn't give an option to change the look. the calendar on my iPhone4 is perfect with heavy black lines and black numbers makes it easy as pie to see! that is the only grip i have with the iPad2.

it so far does everything very well, gaming is incredible on it. i'm also getting use to the keyboard; soon i hope to be typing with some real speed! video looks incredible on this thing, despite folks griping about the display, theres nothing wrong with it retina or no retina it is a thing of beauty. one of the things i'm looking forward to is book and magazine reading. i believe this is the thing that will get me into doing that more and i really want to have something that excites me and entertains me more so that i don't mind book reading. of course yes, there will be comic book reading as well!

i use an app to control my pre-amp with and while it's for both my iPhone4 & the iPad2, there is functionality that's only on the iPad version that's really nice and practical. both the iPad2 & iPhone4 work seamlessly with my AppleTV; airplay is really nice! my video podcast on the 55" HDTV look great. i'm very happy with everything (except those damn thin lines on the calendar! :p)

looking forward to finding more good apps and more uses for this thing in my house. i plan on connecting it into the security system for control and video camera viewing too and i can also control my cable HD-DVR too. it's just a real nice thing!

I highly recommend the iPad2 to anyone who doesn't have one and is thinking about getting one and for those who have the first gen and are thinking about it I'll tell you that you won't go wrong should you decide to trade up. of course, yes, you can wait until next year for the iPad3. for me, when that comes out, i'll sell my iPad2 (or give it to my daughter) and get that one. I love my gadgets and so far, Apple makes the best gadgets! i give it a perfect....9 outta 10; yeah, it's that damn calendar holding up perfection with that 1 mentioned earlier!!! ;)

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I figured out that one of the walmarts in my area was getting semi regular shipments of iPads, so starting last Friday I started calling all 3 walmarts in my area and asking about them at lunch time. Both days I found iPads. I sold a 16 gig I got on Friday, and found a black 32 gig this afternoon.

Most reactions