What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Jeepin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to this forum an to iPads! I got mine on Saturday after I reserved it on Wednesday. I got a 16gig white wifi only thru frys electronics in just three days which I think is fantastic and better than waiting on shipments and having to wake up early to go to apple stores...IMO

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ilad

I got my ipad yesterday. Still trying to figure things out.

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unexpected Gift for my Birthday

My husband gave me an iPad 2 for my Birthday just last night, so I am VERY NEW to what it can do other than what I know from owning an iTouch.

My Birthday is in April, and Mother's Day in May, but the poor soul couldn't wait to give it to me, so we exchanged gifts early (I had his gift already but his Birthday & Father's Day is in June)

I was stunned. We don't often buy gifts at all. We pass on ourselves in order to give to the kids (combined we have 4 teens).

I am also disabled, which means this was a very extravagant gift.

There was this moment of hesitation where I was almost afraid to open it, and then he told me what he went through just to find it (used some kind of app to locate one in real time for the past month, then drove two states away just to get it).

So now I feel it is my duty to use it for all it can be. I will be here reading up on all the things I can do with it.

Sorry for the babble; I think I am still in shock :D

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my ipad 2 this morning at the Apple store. I saw in these forums that there was a huge shipment coming to all Apple stores on Tuesday. This was my first attempt to buy an ipad 2.

I arrived at the end of the line at around 8:30 am. There were about fifty people ahead of me, some of whom I was told, had been in line since 5 am.

Shortly before 9 am, an Apple employee walked the length of the line which was now out of sight for me (around a corner) and said she thought we would all get ipads. She assured everyone she would notify us as they sold out of various models.

I was able to go in the store about 10:55 am and I bought white, 16gb, ATT 3G plus orange poly cover which was exactly WHAT I WANTED!!

As soon as I was ready to pay for my ipad, cover and keyboard, the network in the store went down. This happened to me when I bought my laptop from Apple - same store. The nice gentlemen who helped me thought it was probably me.

When I left the store around 11 am, I was told they had a few ATT, 3G, 64gb's left. There was no line outside.

Happy new ipad 2 owner

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband gave me an iPad 2 for my Birthday just last night, so I am VERY NEW to what it can do other than what I know from owning an iTouch.

My Birthday is in April, and Mother's Day in May, but the poor soul couldn't wait to give it to me, so we exchanged gifts early (I had his gift already but his Birthday & Father's Day is in June)

I was stunned. We don't often buy gifts at all. We pass on ourselves in order to give to the kids (combined we have 4 teens).

There was this moment of hesitation where I was almost afraid to open it, and then he told me what he went through just to find it (used some kind of app to locate one in real time for the past month, then drove two states away just to get it).

So now I feel it is my duty to use it for all it can be. I will be here reading up on all the things I can do with it.

What wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. But you never said what your gift to your husband was.

astaclub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Queue time vs availability-PORTLAND

Hi Folks

can someone let me know whats the iQueue time and availability of IPAD2 in Portland?
I would like to know what time people are queing and how are they getting? their choice or whatever they want...
I want a 64GB ATT BLACK....

rgds

AC
O BTW, I am anti Steve Jobs and anti Apple and always have been HTC fan. this time also, i dont like that Ipad2 has no USB and no flash but still trying to buy one becuase there are no other readily available.
Notion Ink ADAM is the nearest to match but have not heard people talking that...xoom is too heavy, HTC is bringing only 7"/ BB playbook is book with no apps and last but not the least, Panasonic has no launch date yet....

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased my ipad 2 this morning at the Apple store. I saw in these forums that there was a huge shipment coming to all Apple stores on Tuesday. This was my first attempt to buy an ipad 2.

I arrived at the end of the line at around 8:30 am. There were about fifty people ahead of me, some of whom I was told, had been in line since 5 am.

Shortly before 9 am, an Apple employee walked the length of the line which was now out of sight for me (around a corner) and said she thought we would all get ipads. She assured everyone she would notify us as they sold out of various models.

I was able to go in the store about 10:55 am and I bought white, 16gb, ATT 3G plus orange poly cover which was exactly WHAT I WANTED!!

As soon as I was ready to pay for my ipad, cover and keyboard, the network in the store went down. This happened to me when I bought my laptop from Apple - same store. The nice gentlemen who helped me thought it was probably me.

When I left the store around 11 am, I was told they had a few ATT, 3G, 64gb's left. There was no line outside.

Happy new ipad 2 owner :cool:
What a sweet gesture. You are blessed

BobLenx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first Apple product. Was twelfth in line at BestBuy in Sarasota FL on the 11th. Got 32GB WiFi white. Waited about three hours to get my ticket. In love with it.

Took a few contacts with clever people in a few iPad forums but have it printing to my old HP Deskjet Which is hooked to my laptop via USB cable over my in-home WiFi network.

And with some reading of forums figured out how to get iTunes to point to my laptop folders where my photos videos and music files were located.

Also got DropBox and was easily able to open a lot of PDFs and import them I to iBooks.

Thanks to all the forum posters for the great hints.

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. But you never said what your gift to your husband was.

Thanks; I am very blessed. Everyday is a new day, and one more than I had yesterday.

My husband's gift was a Slingbox Pro HD - our old one did not support the new "all" digital or any HD channels and he was no longer able to watch his favorite channels while traveling around the globe for work.

He is all happy now, he can watch our tv on his computer or his phone. No more missing the games and Nascar while in Europe!

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I inadvertently dropped my Ipad 1 32gb. Went to Target to replace it with another Ipad 1 and they had Ipad 2's behind the counter, so got a 32GB white.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my 32gb white wifi iPad 2 today at a little after noon from the FedEx delivery guy. Did a sync of my old iPad with iTunes, then connected my iPad 2 and the process started with out any issues. The sync did not put all of my applications on the iPad 2 but all of my data and connections to gmail, yahoo mail, drop box, music, pictures and ebooks all were synced. So I just did an install of those applications I have on my original iPad including the purchased applications and my unit is now identical to my original one and running with out a hitch. Fast and great screen refresh rates as well as being brighter than my original iPad with both brightness settings being the same. Another interesting thing my unit sat in HK for almost 36 hours, took another full 48 hours to get here once released. Yet my battery % was at 93% when I started the sync process. Pretty amazing if you ask me. The entire unit is terrific. I got the RED smart cover and it adds the touch of class I wanted with my white unit.

Last edited:

pberny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Ipad 2 64g Verizon white on 3/11 after waiting for more than 4 hours in line. this was absolutely not the one I wanted but could not walk away empty handed after such a long wait. Last Sunday very much against my will, I returned it to the Apple Store and was desined to wait 3 to 4 weeks until the onw I ordered online would arrive.
My daughter was sick Monday morning so she did not go to school and I stayed home with her. After going to the pharmacy, we went quickly to Target to buy Kleenex and juice. I could hardly believe it when I asked if they had gotten any Ipads and the answer was... YES, just a minute ago. It was 11 am and the place was almost empty. So, I bought, juice, some yoghurts, juice... oh yes, and an Ipad 2!!!!
Very happy!!!!!

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, how many new apple gadget owners... Nice!

I wont buy the new ipad, I guess the old one is quite good for a while, and then we will see ;)

Most reactions