What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Suebee42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.suebeedesigns.com
I've had mine for... Er... Almost two months now. Wow, really? I had to look at the date stamp in my Mobile Uploads album on Facebook. Sept. 28th. LOL! My husband got it for me to keep me sane. Our daughter will be 4 months old next week, and I was going insane being trapped on the couch during the day (like right now... Faceplant nap on my lap), and staring at the nursery wall at 4am. Now I can surf, read books, play games, and maintain some level of contact with the outside world.

I'm also becoming quite adept at typing with just my thumb at an odd angle. Well, semi-adept. ;)

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buckeyemommy said:
Ok, I have a stupid question I am hoping someone can help me with - what are the two apple stickers that came with my iPad for?

Gave mine to the kids and they use it to cover the DELL on their laptop. The other is on bottom bezel of their tv.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad using iPF

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suebee42 said:
I'm also becoming quite adept at typing with just my thumb at an odd angle. Well, semi-adept. ;)

Have u gotten adept at typing with the split keyboard? Took me a minute to get proficient but works good for me now.

Suebee42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.suebeedesigns.com
jncbankston said:
Have u gotten adept at typing with the split keyboard? Took me a minute to get proficient but works good for me now.

I'll admit, I don't know anything about the split keyboard... LOL! It's funny, though, how you learn how to do many things one-handed with a baby... I'm also still working on that! ;)

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blondey said:
Why have you got an Ipad with wheels LOL

Well it does go in the car with me all the time lol

Sent from my white iPad 2 using iPF

SewingFairy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i now have my 2nd iPad2 thanks to me dropping the first........................dont ask! Anyway its my fuirst venture into Apple anything& I am converted just need the pc to die now so I can get a Mac though with it being relatively new & not used much dont hold much hope LOL

Drek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I did it. After a little bit of time thinking an milling it over in my brain, I bought a 32GB Black iPad 2 today. It's updating to 5.0.1 as we speak and I'm queuing up the apps. I still need a cover but I'll order one this week, then it will become part of my daily carry. So far I'm in love... don't tell the wife though.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I did it. After a little bit of time thinking an milling it over in my brain, I bought a 32GB Black iPad 2 today. It's updating to 5.0.1 as we speak and I'm queuing up the apps. I still need a cover but I'll order one this week, then it will become part of my daily carry. So far I'm in love... don't tell the wife though.
Welcome to the forum, we have cookies! :) And congratulations on your new "baby"!

There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

Good for you!!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh great, a gushing thread :D

I never took the iPad seriously until I started looking for a tool that could help me with my academic work and specifically all my pdf journal articles, whose paper existence have become completely unmanagable. So I've had my iPad2 now for about ten days, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it - the pdf annotation apps have made my life SO much easier and there's so much other useful stuff to be done with it, too. I've only now realised that it's a great tool and not just a gadgety play thing. I got a good keyboard for it as well that fits the iPad perfectly so I'm hoping this can also replace my mini-laptop when I go to seminars and conferences and so on.

I'm happy :) :) :) Why is there no 'love' icon available???

Most reactions