What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am very excited for the iPad 3 apparently coming out "early next year" so I know it will be worth the wait if all the rumors are true, I will save some personal money until release date and then I'll be happy that I saved for iPad 3 instead of 2, but I'm glad everyone is enjoying their 2 (although as a lot of sites are saying why buy 2 now when 3 is a lot better and right on the horizon)

My Archos 101 just isnt doing it for me :/
Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum!

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okay, so I decided to go android tablets for a while, and I"m burned out. So I've re-entered the iPad world with a white 16gb iPad 2!

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pcdebb said:
okay, so I decided to go android tablets for a while, and I"m burned out. So I've re-entered the iPad world with a white 16gb iPad 2!

Can you give 3-5 reasons that led you away from Android and how iPad was more effective?

Sent from my White Verizon 32GB iPadusing iPF

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Compatibility is one reason. A lot of apps I had on my iPad I could not find on android, or didn't compare. And since I was On a honeycomb tablet a lot of stuff was slow to get updated. Android had a lot of free apps but that wasn't necessarily a good thing. If the app is worth it I will pay for it. I spent probably $100 in apps with my first iPad. I never had problems with apps working and never had to JB just to get something to work.

It also was a bit redundant since I have an android phone. There are just so many of them out there. Some are nice but I'm just comfortable with my iPad.

Now I have to figure out this cloud thing. I screwed something up and have three apple id's now lol

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 3g 32GB now for over two weeks. I spent a long time reading reviews and playing with other devices but the tactile pleasure and design of the iPad was far superior to the competition, that and the refined mobile iOS and apps clinched it for me. I was an iPhone fan until number 4 but the aerial bugged me so defected to HTC Desire S. It is a fair enough handset and meets my needs but as something felt like it was missing I wanted a tablet, something to replace humping my lappy across the continents. 2 weeks of playing with the iPad and I am seriously made up, couldn't be happier. Jailbroken with XBMC/Navi X, Garageband, etc make it even more amazing! Wish I had done this earlier this year!!!
IPF is a brilliant resource, love this site!

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@pcdebb, scudd:
Thx for the reply/input. I'm trying to put a talking paper on why my folks need to really examine all devices to see what works for them. This site is my primary source of points/counterpoints.

To each his own...as for me and my home, we shall use the iPad/MBP/iPhone.

Sent from my White Verizon 32GB iPadusing iPF

pinkvikchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never had a tablet, the only Apple item I have is a 2 year old Ipod (still works great). I saw A girl using an Ipad at School yesterday, and just thought, what a great Idea, instead of having to lug a big old laptop around! So, I am getting an Ipad2 delivered Tuesday. I am pretty excited!I hope this is the latest and greatest Ipad Forum, equal to Crackberry??? hahah.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good for you! My daughter always says she sees the Mac Pro Air, I think it is and lots of iPads at Sac State. They now sell the iPad at the bookstore!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Good for you! My daughter always says she sees the Mac Pro Air, I think it is and lots of iPads at Sac State. They now sell the iPad at the bookstore!

Mac Pro Air! I want one of those!

The Archangel

hinke00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you buy it you dont know what its gonna give unless you are using it for a while. It changed my life :) Since i got it, i cant stop telling people how great it is. Its really a big thing. I would say its like buying a car after using public transportation for years.

llabine1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine last Thursday ...I ordered it on Amazon and it came 3 days later....I have not been on my laptop since...on purpose. I have always had Windows products and I have to say that my Ipad2 is beyond awesome...the only non-awesome thing was the lack of a user manual...I am very tech savvy so I muddled along and today 5 days later I am surfing along seamlessly. I saw a segment on severely Autistic people and the Ipad so that moved my purchase along quickly. My girl is an adult autistic person and non-verbal...tomorrow I will fill the Ipad with "her stuff" to see if it helps her communicate...worse case scenario she ignores it and this lovely beauty is mine...LOL...

My Linksys router did not immediately recognized my Ipad but some one here said that the WEP code was the password and they were absolutely right....in a split second I was up and running.....and spending at the app store....

I have TimeWarner...their app is wonderful and free to subscribers....I can watch live tv or set the 3 DVR's (don't judge I love tv) in my house from my Ipad anywhere in my house...I can change channels...see the guide....they are always made out to be the devil but in this case this app is angelic....thank you TW.

Reading magazines is great...I already subscribe to many that have apps so their digital versions are free one great feature is being able to seamlessly enlarge text that is so helpful to aging eyes...the backlight on People magazine makes the pictures beautiful....

The instant on feature is heaven to those of us who usually have to wait for their laptop to boot up...I am quickly getting addicted to that...carrying around my Ipad like a baby... just waiting for an excuse to use it...

one thing that I was concerned about was the lack of Flash...I have yet to need it...CBS,NBC,ABC all have apps that play full episodes if you need them...I did purchase Splashtop...wow ....now when I am sitting on my bed with my daughter, a laptop and god knows what I can put my laptop on my dresser (it has to be on for this to work) get my Ipad and on my home screen is an exact replica of my laptop...I can play Club Pogo games....use flash ...etc...it is like the remote networking thing that techs would use to take over your computer....I have put the laptop on my dresser...gone into the kitchen and continue working with my Ipad...how cool is that...

In conclusion it's been 5 days and the honeymoon is still going on...it would take all day to list what I love about this device...the negatives are too few to mention...and on top of it all I have you guys here to help if I need it....there is an app for that!.....

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked up my 64gig, 3g iPad 2 at the Apple Store in Wausau, WI this afternoon. Will be updating the iOS tonite. Can't wait. I have been reading this Forum for the past week and really appriciate all the good info here. Jim

Most reactions

Latest posts