What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Brooklyn0610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad today and I love it! I'm anxious to really find out what this thing can really do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Order NO.925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my ipad today. Came a day earlier than expected. 32gb White Wi-fi only. Its syncing as i type this...

Brooklyn0610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order NO.925 said:
Finally got my ipad today. Came a day earlier than expected. 32gb White Wi-fi only. Its syncing as i type this...

I also bought the wifi only white 32 gb iPad. It's gorgeous.

Order NO.925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order NO.925 said:

I also bought the wifi only white 32 gb iPad. It's gorgeous.

Honestly those were the first words that came outta my mouth when i unboxed it. Ill be staying up late into the night....

lenrev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine (64Gb wifi only) for a week now and am mostly pleased. It's weight has taken some getting used to as I am accustomed to reading my Nook. My hand is actually sore from holding the iPad2 for long periods. I will get used to it, though, as its rendering of HD images in periodicals is what I bought it for, and this, it does in outstanding fashion.

The greatest disappointment thus far is the Mail application. While decent in the iMac it is a piece of garbage on the iPad2. Uncontrolled duplication of emails and barely functional delete capability render it a poor choice for keeping up with a number of email accounts and user groups.

If the bugs are cleaned in the latest iTeleport version I plan to use remote connection to the iMac as a means of "fixing" the iPad2 inadequacies.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my 64gb wifi/3G on Canadian launch day. I carry it everywhere I go every day. Even around the house.

64GB 3G White iPad

csllanna

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hai, I got my Ipad 2 in 14 May, 2011...

And this is my first review: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SzTG0_7ek]YouTube - (Ipad 2 Review - From Sook Ling, Malaysia) Unboxing,[/ame]..

Vision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just recently got mine from the apple store. Ordered it online, but canceled when my local store got it !

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took my hubby to our local Apple store yesterday afternoon and had a wonderful experience getting him an IPad (16g, ATT, 3G, black) to take to Vegas in June so he can keep abreast of the stock market when he takes a break from playing poker tournaments. His first Apple product was his IPhone 4 which he got last July.
The store was very crowded but the sales rep pulled the exact pad he wanted in less than 2 minutes. There was a compete selection of smart covers...he chose a "pedestrian grey" poly and he got a BT keyboard (on my recommendation).
"Eric" had all his email up and running while my hubby happily bought his first apps in about fifteen minutes. We then went to our favorite restaurant for a martini, dinner and then a movie.
We'll sync it tonight so he can get all his music and he's good to go!
BTW, he's 80 years old...not saying how old I am.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took my hubby to our local Apple store yesterday afternoon and had a wonderful experience getting him an IPad (16g, ATT, 3G, black) to take to Vegas in June so he can keep abreast of the stock market when he takes a break from playing poker tournaments. His first Apple product was his IPhone 4 which he got last July.
The store was very crowded but the sales rep pulled the exact pad he wanted in less than 2 minutes. There was a compete selection of smart covers...he chose a "pedestrian grey" poly and he got a BT keyboard (on my recommendation).
"Eric" had all his email up and running while my hubby happily bought his first apps in about fifteen minutes. We then went to our favorite restaurant for a martini, dinner and then a movie.
We'll sync it tonight so he can get all his music and he's good to go!
BTW, he's 80 years old...not saying how old I am.

Tell him he's got a way to go - our oldest member celebrated her 100th birthday a week ago and had her family around to view family photographs. She watched them on her iPad and had it connected via the HDMI connector to a large flat-screen TV so that the rest of her family could see it too.

So your husband's a youngster!!

Tim

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
e-mail on iPad2

I've had mine (64Gb wifi only) for a week now and am mostly pleased. It's weight has taken some getting used to as I am accustomed to reading my Nook. My hand is actually sore from holding the iPad2 for long periods. I will get used to it, though, as its rendering of HD images in periodicals is what I bought it for, and this, it does in outstanding fashion.

The greatest disappointment thus far is the Mail application. While decent in the iMac it is a piece of garbage on the iPad2. Uncontrolled duplication of emails and barely functional delete capability render it a poor choice for keeping up with a number of email accounts and user groups.

If the bugs are cleaned in the latest iTeleport version I plan to use remote connection to the iMac as a means of "fixing" the iPad2 inadequacies.
I can understand the weight difference, but you are comparing two entirely different devices. As far as Mail application mine works beautifully. I delete more easily than on my PC laptop and the side bar works perfectly. Can you explain more detail .. as it is hard to follow your frustration when mine works so very well.

Most reactions