What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the new magnetic cover ... also a keyboard?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many reviewers are raving about the new magnetic cover ... and it is in keeping with the iPAD new case design.

Wouldn't it be slick for a version of the cover to also be a bluetooth keyboard? Now that would really upstage the competition... and provide for a writer's delight.

I saw this idea on another site ... and just had to share it here... an awesome idea.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I will be looking for is a case that protects the back of the Ipad and has a keyboard. Zagg and Apple covers don't protect the back of the Ipad.

OP
M

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense. When you roll it up so that the Ipad rests on the cover, so you can type, you won't be able to use it as a keyboard. Apple - iPad - All-new design. Video calls. HD video. And more.

Wow, you missed the point ... Not the Apple roll up version ... there are folding keyboards out in the marketplace. With Apple's skill and industrial design expertise, I can envision a version with a thin keyboard that also is a cover... not a cover and a stand. Just imagineering ... This is not fact.... just an idea.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I will be looking for is a case that protects the back of the Ipad and has a keyboard. Zagg and Apple covers don't protect the back of the Ipad.

Get either and a neoprene laptop sleeve to throw the whole thing in when not using it to protect the back.

I bought a 10.2" sleeve for $12.99 at Target and will grab the smart cover when I order tonight.

Last edited:

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense. When you roll it up so that the Ipad rests on the cover, so you can type, you won't be able to use it as a keyboard. Apple - iPad - All-new design. Video calls. HD video. And more.

Wow, you missed the point ... Not the Apple roll up version ... there are folding keyboards out in the marketplace. With Apple's skill and industrial design expertise, I can envision a version with a thin keyboard that also is a cover... not a cover and a stand. Just imagineering ... This is not fact.... just an idea.

Oh my-bad....... I am envisioning a cover that "covers" everything and can be used as a stand and a keyboard. It would be the ultimate cover. Don't ask me to explain it, I just know what I want. :)

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many reviewers are raving about the new magnetic cover ... and it is in keeping with the iPAD new case design.

Wouldn't it be slick for a version of the cover to also be a bluetooth keyboard? Now that would really upstage the competition... and provide for a writer's delight.

I saw this idea on another site ... and just had to share it here... an awesome idea.

I like your idea. Better yet a projected keyboard with the existing case. Now that would be cool!

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net

Get either and a neoprene laptop sleeve to through the whole thing in when not using it to protect the back.

I bought a 10.2" sleeve for $12.99 at Target and will grab the smart cover when I order tonight.

Cool, I'll have to go to Target and look for that sleeve.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's made by Tuari and will be in the aisle where all the sleeves and laptop cases are.

gwlaw99

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Oh my-bad....... I am envisioning a cover that "covers" everything and can be used as a stand and a keyboard. It would be the ultimate cover. Don't ask me to explain it, I just know what I want. :)

You can try the Clamcase or Adonit case, but thei ipad2 versions are not out yet.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I went with a case and separate BT keyboard. I got the Zoom telecommunication's BT keyboard from B & H for $39.95. Its rechargeable, and has ipad functions keys built in. I like it a lot. I don't always want to drag my keyboard around with my iPad 2.

Most reactions