What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New iPad

joeka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use the ipad 3 for a week, then go back to an ipad 2.thereafter conclude if the retina display doesn't look very different.
if after this, you still see no difference, i'd highly recommend an eye exam.

OP
p3unit32

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hierro said:
The new retina display is really great. If you use your ipad for reading books/magazines, i think you should buy the new ipad. Good luck ;)

I know. That's what I mainly use it for.

OP
p3unit32

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biddy44 said:
You should take a breath and make a decision based on how you use your iPad and the new improvements.

I went from a 2 to the new one because I needed more memory. Other than that and when I use the better camera, day to daiy I notice no difference between the units.

Good points! I have the iPad 2 64GB wi-fi model. I use it mainly for reading, and some for gaming. The camera and LTE capabilities are bonuses.

OP
p3unit32

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cellur111 said:
I have an iPad 2 and I've tried the iPad 3 from what I can see I wouldn't the retina display doesn't look very different and I could care less about the camera

Really! Wow... There's a huge different in the text. It's like the difference between the iPhone 3GS screen versus the 4& 4S screen. But I get your point. That's the reason I'm hesitant about buying it. Honesty I would benefit more if I waited and purchased the up and coming iPhone.

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
p3unit32 said:
Really! Wow... There's a huge different in the text. It's like the difference between the iPhone 3GS screen versus the 4& 4S screen. But I get your point. That's the reason I'm hesitant about buying it. Honesty I would benefit more if I waited and purchased the up and coming iPhone.

I think you just answered your own question ;-)

no1up

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My eye strain has been reduced if not 100% gone... I read a lot for emails, web, and games, I would go iPad 1 or 2.. iPad 2 is said to be faster than the iPad 3.... For reading iPad 3 can not be beat.... Asus transformer infinity will be release soon, however ICS is still not as polished as ios... I love my gnote, but for tablet stick with iPad for now :)

With that said iPad 3 screen is wonderful.

Most reactions

Latest posts