What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Apple iPad Tested as Complaints about Heat Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShhaddiF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consumer Reports is currently testing the new iPad in an effort to determine if the latest Apple device gets too hot and poses a risk to users, Bloomberg reports.

While Apple spokesperson Trudy Miller said "The new iPad delivers a stunning Retina display, A5X chip, support for 4G LTE plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications,†Tweakers.net reported the new iPad runs 10 degrees hotter than the previous one.

On Apple’s discussion board, a thread entitled New iPad Overheating? Is more than 19 pages long, as users try to figure out if the device is malfunctioning or if it just runs hotter. Poster Rhosalina said that when they put the device on their lap while playing a game, it burned their thighs. “I had a red rectangle on my thighs for about 15 minutes! I am****** that they didn't know of this 10 degrees hotter or (95 fricking degrees) than the iPad2 and fixed it before the release.†While Apple II
Forever said that their device “has been getting hot enough to go into shutdown mode when using the NetFlix App after 30 minutes.†Apple II Forever went on to say that their brother bought an identical unit and has no heat issues when watching movies on the device.

Apple said that users having heat issues should contact AppleCare, FoxNews.com reported.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts