What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The movie that impressed yout the most!

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I love MASH but BoB tops it!The Archangel

That's saying something! Think we missed seeing the first few, and then it's a bit more difficult to pick up. And easy play-again facilities haven't been around that long.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Gabriel1 said:
I love MASH but BoB tops it!

The Archangel

I agree. M.A.S.H., is an entirely different program
and as a dark / comedy / dramatic series, compares to no others. Band Of Brothers is so different because of its characters, story telling and intensity. And the opening sequence of each episode featuring some of the soldiers being portrayed, is unlike anything I've ever experienced.

AA

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I agree. M.A.S.H., is an entirely different program
and as a dark / comedy / dramatic series, compares to no others. Band Of Brothers is so different because of its characters, story telling and intensity. And the opening sequence of each episode featuring some of the soldiers being portrayed, is unlike anything I've ever experienced.AA

Sounds excellent, just my cuppa tea. Anything that tops MASH just has to be. Looking forward to starting it.

Returning to the film thread, in my next group down are:

The Toy Story series (well, all the Pixar films)
The Aardman films (Wallace & Gromit etc)
The Bourne Conspiracy series

Suppose it's obvious that good animation interests me.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Billion Dollar Brain
Ipcress File
Funeral In Berlin

These all captured a time in London really well, spy thrillers without the gadgets and Michael Caine' best work IMHO.

The Godfather Trilogy (yes, even the third one!)

This is such an epic piece of cinema.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Fistful Of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More

Few words but music and staring done to perfection!

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Just epic, I never thought that they could set Tolkiens work to film!

I'll be back later when I remember all the films that I have forgotten!

The Archangel

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
loved all the Pirates of the Caribbean films too.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
stranding said:
Never seen any of BofBs but this makes me want to. The music is very familiar & just swoony.

Yes to ALIEN but I never could get the popularity of 2001 Space Odyssey. What the heck did I miss about it?

2001 was a daring film for its time. As Kevin mentioned in a previous post, to make that calibre of film using 1960s motion picture technology, was mind-blowing
in itself. We can't debate the creation / evolution aspects in this forum but they added to the film's element of risk. I like the movie for its beauty and elegance. I'm not sure I understand it. Probably only Kubrick does.

AA

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
2001 was a daring film for its time. As Kevin mentioned in a previous post, to make that calibre of film using 1960s motion picture technology, was mind-blowing in itself. We can't debate the creation / evolution aspects in this forum but they added to the film's element of risk. I like the movie for its beauty and elegance. I'm not sure I understand it. Probably only Kubrick does.
AA

That's probably why it didn't appeal. I was non-plus see. ??!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Rotten Apple won't let me write what I want to. Have tried 4 times so far. Talk about Big Brother. I will try creeping up on him...:

I was... NON-PLUSSED.

Ha! That'll show him. :)
Anyway, being completely (that) doesn't make a film enjoyable for me. And all that clinical whiteness felt alien & ..? Can't pin point the word I want.

We watched the 3rd Bourne in the trilogy last evening. Wow, had forgotten how F.A.S.T everything goes. The chases, both on foot & in cars & the fights, go at quick-silver speed. Exciting doesn't come anywhere near it.

The Trap.
Forgotten that one. Especially the opening scenes of him going down the river to that great music. Wonder if it's now available on DVD-it hasn't been before.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
stranding said:
That's probably why it didn't appeal. I was non-plus see. ??!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Rotten Apple won't let me write what I want to. Have tried 4 times so far. Talk about Big Brother. I will try creeping up on him...:

I was... NON-PLUSSED.

Ha! That'll show him. :)
Anyway, being completely (that) doesn't make a film enjoyable for me. And all that clinical whiteness felt alien & ..? Can't pin point the word I want.

We watched the 3rd Bourne in the trilogy last evening. Wow, had forgotten how F.A.S.T everything goes. The chases, both on foot & in cars & the fights, go at quick-silver speed. Exciting doesn't come anywhere near it.

The Trap.
Forgotten that one. Especially the opening scenes of him going down the river to that great music. Wonder if it's now available on DVD-it hasn't been before.

Try nonplussed. RT may be more forgiving next time. ;)

AA

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Try nonplussed. RT may be more forgiving next time. ;)
AA

Thanks, what a good idea! Strange, I don't usually have a problem with spelling. But I'm not forgiving apple for being so ferociously bossy.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PLANET OF THE APES (the original with Heston) is still very watchable. I pop it into the DVD machine once a year. The end scene on the beach still gives me a little shiver, it's that powerful.

If you've never read Pierre Boulle's novel (1963) that inspired the screenplay, it's worth a trip to the Library or book store.

AA

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
PLANET OF THE APES (the original with Heston) is still very watchable. I pop it into the DVD machine once a year. The end scene on the beach still gives me a little shiver, it's that powerful.
If you've never read Pierre Boulle's novel (1963) that inspired the screenplay, it's worth a trip to the Library or book store.AA

Shamefully, never seen that nor read the book. When it first came out, got the wrong impression that it was a blood & guts, poor sci-fi film, but obviously that's wrong as it's been highly rated for ages. Will try & make amends.

Yesterday watched "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" for the first time. Though very violent, & in Swedish, not Danish, thought it was excellent. It kept us closely focused for the whole 3 hours or so, which we wouldn't with many films (Yawn, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!) We've now bought the trio of ebooks so will see what the fuss about this author was all about.

Most reactions

Latest posts