What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We did enjoy the Olympics opening ceremony. There was artistic brilliance, and great ideas were used.

We both found the bringing in of the Olympics flag, the way in which the torch was brought in and the flame handed on to 7 young athletes to light the cauldron most moving.

Then what a cauldron!!! I wonder whether it will be moved to the top of the hill?

It was a great show - very happy memories.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
We did enjoy the Olympics opening ceremony. There was artistic brilliance, and great ideas were used.

We both found the bringing in of the Olympics flag, the way in which the torch was brought in and the flame handed on to 7 young athletes to light the cauldron most moving.

Then what a cauldron!!! I wonder whether it will be moved to the top of the hill?

It was a great show - very happy memories.

I enjoyed it too Richard, very self deprecating.....very "us"!

The Archangel

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I enjoyed it too Richard, very self deprecating.....very "us"!

The Archangel

You bet! :)

Did you watch the BBC London news programme at 5.00 pm yesterday?

At one point a reporter was standing in front of Buckingham Palace. She said something like, What a legacy the East End of London has been given, with waste land transformed as we now see behind us. :D

Last edited:
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
My biggest problem now is......what do I watch, so much to choose from?

The Archangel

Absolutely. I'm watching the cycling on and off....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Absolutely. I'm watching the cycling on an off....

Same here.....along with the rowing. I may have to invest in bulk buying of batteries for the remote!

The Archangel

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning all!:)
Just seen your link to this post Richard! Shucks, difficult to catch up with all the other STUFF going on!! Will do my best, while being distracted by the cyclists doing the express Box Hill circling 8 times. Jaw-dropping doesn't get anywhere close...:-0
Any of you SE folk there? Looks like a great place for a day out in the sun. Beautiful shots of the steep bits.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Did you watch the BBC London news programme at 5.00 pm yesterday?
At one point a reporter was standing in front of Buckingham Palace. She said something like, What a legacy the East End of London has been given, with waste land transformed as we now see behind us. :D

Yes, heard that too! Funny talking about Buck House like that:)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought you might like to see our handy "support collection" for indoors.

Of course, the union flag includes Scotland. For now...

The red & white flag is Denmark-- if we clash, I never easy to know which way to lean. Might depend on who has the best-looking body :)

In case you're wondering, the little duck is a special for the Aussies!! (as in, "out for a duck"...). I have some little Ozzie cupcake flags too, will search them out.

I will offer to add any others that arrive by express post. Ahem, little ones only please!

Attachments

• image-1155354859.jpg
    image-1155354859.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 226
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
Morning all!:)
Just seen your link to this post Richard! Shucks, difficult to catch up with all the other STUFF going on!! Will do my best, while being distracted by the cyclists doing the express Box Hill circling 8 times. Jaw-dropping doesn't get anywhere close...:-0
Any of you SE folk there? Looks like a great place for a day out in the sun. Beautiful shots of the steep bits.

Yes I'm watching it right now. 24 miles to the finish. Speedy...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought you might like to see our handy "support collection" for indoors.

Of course, the union flag includes Scotland. For now...

The red & white flag is Denmark-- if we clash, I never easy to know which way to lean. Might depend on who has the best-looking body :)

In case you're wondering, the little duck is a special for the Aussies!! (as in, "out for a duck"...). I have some little Ozzie cupcake flags too, will search them out.

I will offer to add any others that arrive by express post. Ahem, little ones only please!

How nice, stranding!!

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There was a crash in the cycling event. Who was it? It was a Swiss rider, back riding with his right arm damaged.

Most reactions

Latest posts