What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Limera1n Thread - Please keep all Limera1n news and problems here!

rcmojo66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no cydia app

My jailbreak completes successfully but the Cydia app does not get installed? Tried soft reset, hard reset but still no Cydia. Any ideas? Thanks for the assistance.

rcmojo66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia - figured it out

Find the Limera1n app and install Cydia from there. Easy nuff.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it works on 3.2.2 and if you don't see rain or cydia, first make sure it's not on another page. second, reboot the ipad.

Angkorthom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad brand new with 3.2.2 so I'm thinking about jailbreaking! Just need to know if its as easy as comex's last jailbreak! Need more advice and success stories.

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it works on 3.2.2 and if you don't see rain or cydia, first make sure it's not on another page. second, reboot the ipad.
I tried anything. Restore factory settings, tried Limera1n 6 times, rebooted all possible ways. No luck :(

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried anything. Restore factory settings, tried Limera1n 6 times, rebooted all possible ways. No luck :(

I'm in the same boat. I was previously Jailbroken on 3.2.1 and updated but LimeRa1n runs but never shows the lime rain drop my iPad just returns to the recovery logo... I've restored reset settings and tried to re run like 10 times and no luck...

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you guys on 3.2.2 or 3.2.1 / already jail broken devices
Mine is at 3.2.2 and never been jailbroken or anything. And like bulletbilly nothing that indicates the limera1n jailbreak ever pops up on the iPad, so no logo's or anything.

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you guys on 3.2.2 or 3.2.1 / already jail broken devices

I'm on 3.2.2 now... I was previously Jailbroken on 3.2.1 but updated thru iTunes... I've jailbroken quite a few devices and have a good general knowledge of iDevices and how they work but I'm stumped on this one... It seems that when limera1n puts the device into DFU mode and states its exploiting it is actually failing and gets stuck in recovery. Not even tiny umbrella can kick it... I can then hard reset it to return to the home screen but no Jailbreak is present...

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used Windows 7 but same should apply for Windows XP. do remember that this is "beta" as stated, so if it still doesn't work might be a bug or a conflict with something installedon your pad

1)Downloaded the ra1n
2)Opened the ra1n
3)Connected iPad, iTunes autoopened but didn't close it, just left it open with the message it pops up
4)Pressed the button on ra1n
5)Held down the POWER + HOME button, as instructed on ra1n
6)Let go of the POWER button, kept held the HOME, as instructed on ra1n
7)Let go of the HOME button once the ra1n changed breaking or w/e the message was
8)Rebooted iPad
9)Turned on Wifi
10)Opened ra1n, let it load, click on Cydia, installed
11)Rebooted

naty48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1)Downloaded the ra1n
2)Opened the ra1n
3)Connected iPad, iTunes autoopened but didn't close it, just left it open with the message it pops up
4)Pressed the button on ra1n
5)Held down the POWER + HOME button, as instructed on ra1n
6)Let go of the POWER button, kept held the HOME, as instructed on ra1n
7)Let go of the HOME button once the ra1n changed breaking or w/e the message was
8)Rebooted iPad how to do it ? Becouse in this step i stuck i dont see icon of Noting
9)Turned on Wifi
10)Opened ra1n, let it load, click on Cydia, installed
11)Rebooted

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Importsnt F.Y.I.
I jailbroke a lil while ago. It wrked fine. I got cydia. Then i installed the repositories, the ifile, then backgrounder. Watch out...lmfao
One of those apps thru me in a fritz and i had tomrestore ipad to 3.2.2. Of course i jailbroke it again. ;-). Ima see hopefully it wont donit again.
So i jailbroke, downloaded one of those aops n got death screen. Restored, then jailbroke again...now im here..lol. I had 143 apps...time to go find them again, the ones inpaid for, thatkl be fun, .....Not...good luck, be weary of what app u download from cydia. Its seems whenit had to restrt springboard is when it went to death screen. Im good now, n still jailbroken...its sooo easy

naty48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arrr no any icon please help mee im death to have JB now 2 AM im still wake only becouse i try to JB please help me..

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked great for me! On windows 7 didnt even have to run in admin mode...

Most reactions