What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Backup Could Not Be Completed???

AJR80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having problems backing up my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) to iCloud. It doesn't backup automatically when charging and when I try to do a manual backup it keeps saying "The Last Backup Could Not Be Completed". It used to work fine, it has only recently started doing this, any advice would be very much appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, I can't tell you anything about iCloud and the backups (I don't use iCloud), but here's a suggestion for the backup error when you're connected to iTunes:

What I've seen when that error occurs is that somehow, the last backup that iTunes made on your computer has gotten corrupted. I, too, have gotten that notice and what I've done is to navigate to the backup folder on my computer and deleted it. Then, the backup process works fine again.

In case you don't have it handy, here are the addresses or locations of iTunes backups:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Of course, that's not all inclusive as there spare more systems out there. But, these should get you pointed in the right direction.

A note of caution/prevention: If you have more than one iDevice that you sync with that iTunes, just make sure you select the correct backup. Don't want to delete the wrong one...

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Marilyn

jpdalas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also having problems in backing up my iCloud, a week ago the duration of my back up will take me a hour. In past few days I'm doing manual back up, there is messages that says it will take 70 hours, sometimes it will take 48 hours and cannot be completed at all, although my iPad is locked and charging it cannot do the automatic synchronizing, my wifi network is working fine, any suggestions to fix my problem?

thehawkman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can echo the comment from jpdalas. I'm hoping someone has an answer soon!

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First thing I'd try is to go into settings, restore and restore wifi settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts