What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad screen stuck in fixed position

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its fixed in widescreen mode and does not shift into vertical when I swivel the iPad around.

Also, where can I download the app that allows viewing of BBC's iPlayer?

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a switch on the right hand side which stops the screen from changing position. Flick that up and your away again.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its fixed in widescreen mode and does not shift into vertical when I swivel the iPad around.

Also, where can I download the app that allows viewing of BBC's iPlayer?
With all due respect, I think you need to spend some "quality time" with the User Manual.

ipad.jpg

It is not included with the iPad, but there is a link to it in the Safari bookmarks or as a free .pdf from the iPad support section of the Apple website.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps do not rotate also, so if you're in a particular app and it's stuck that might be the intent.

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK. Got it. The switch was indeed flicked down which I must have done unintentionally. Also, no problem about the BBC iPlayer. Its working fine.

Thanks

Red Trooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I tried the right hand button but that seems to put my iPad on mute. I'm still on portrait mode with a little sign on the the top right hand sign of my screen with a padlock and an arrow surrounding it. Any ideas?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

If you double tap the home button, this will bring up the multi-tasking bar. Now hold your finger on the bar where you see all the app icons and slide it to the right and you will see this (without the red circle and arrow!) --

ipad63.jpg

Tap on the icon indicated and you will be back to "normal".

Nickibabybat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is stuck in widescreen too, and none of that advice fixed in... :/
What should I do

Most reactions