What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad - For Absolute Beginners

talashtv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good help, are you thinking something for little more then the "beginners"? thanks for sharing, be cool.

RexM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to Apple products and received my first as a gift, a first gen iPad, all of my computers and accessories are PC, I have my Wife and kids laptops set-up on a wireless 'N' router. The only info I've found about my new iPad is that it is set up for a Wireless G receiver, I THINK! Is there anyway for my iPad to be able to connect to the internet with this router? Or do I need to buy a new router? To me, the obvious answer is to buy a new wireless G router. I wanted to inquire with those folks way smarter than I am to make sure I had to buy a new router before I went and spent the money. And to later find out I didn't have to, would suck!

Also, is there a particular router that performs better than others with iPads? And other Apple products in general, my son has an iPod, which he wants to somehow connect it to the internet (kids have an advantage on this stuff for some reason), which I didn't know was possible. And here I am supposed to the the IT guy in the house! So getting the right router for the iPad and the iPod will make my family a little happier overall. Thanks so much for those that help me out, I know that the items I need would be cheaper buying them on-line, but I will probably run to Wal-Mart or Best Buy, and wanted to be as knowledgeable as possible before I went. Thanks so much for the help. This being my first Apple product may make me a convert! From what I've been able to see on it so far is really awesome, I did connect to the internet at McDonald's Friday for a few minutes, I really didn't have the time I needed to learn anything about it, but I did get some maps loaded for the trip we went on Friday night. It was so cool to have a map that size while traveling. Thanks again. I'm starting to ramble because I'm getting excited about getting my iPad on-line and having it to use in my work will be an incredible tool, I'll shut up now so I can get this posted and hopefully get some answers back, QUICK!!! Thank YOU again for any and all help, Rex

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wishing I had bought a new Mac laptop instead of an ipad3 because of the flash player issue until I installed the puffin advanced app. Now I'm good to go to watch videos !

Suresh Chandran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple iPAD Mini Retina is my first Apple device and the whole thing is new to me. Thank you so much for your help.
Xxxxx do not post details about links regarding training websites.... Please read our rules..... administrator

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This article is a great source of info for people new to iPad. I don't know if its possible but it might be a good idea to sticky this thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts