What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad EQ is broken or OS bug?

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did every thing they said at that web site.

1 open the setting app
2 scroll down to music
3 Than EQ
4 select what you want for EQ be it dance, deep, rock, hip hop, loudness, Bass booster so on.

But nothing works on my headphones the sound is the same there is no sound effect.

I select Bass booster to well get more bass sound but no matter what I select the sound is the same.

I did every thing they said at that web site.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/08/19/adjust-bass-response-iphone-ipad/

But there is no sound effect the sound is the same.

I had YouTube video playing and no matter what I select there was no sound effect. I’m not sure if this is an OS bug or what is the problem is but selecting the EQ should give the sound effect on audio output be it the iPad speaker or headphones.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like there are some adjustments possible for headphones under Settings > Accessibility > Audio & Visual > Headphone Accommodations.

Keep in mind these are meant for accessibility, not entertainment. It's possible, but unlikely the settings will do what you want.

A more detailed setup is possible if you own supported Apple or Beats headset. I have no idea what it does, because I didn't bother to go through the setup dialog.

I could not find any EQ settings in the YouTube app. There is also a YouTube Music app which I don't have (because I don't need yet another music app). Maybe it has settings. Won't help with watching movies though.

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had very old headphones that stop working it had more bass.

But the new headphones I got have little bass and it sounds really muffled.And turning the volume up does not fix this problem.

I thought there may be some EQ setting in the setting app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Understood. EQ settings might have helped, but they wouldn't really solve the issue. You'd just be trading off response in one area for another. Best bet is to do some careful shopping for a set of headphones with better all around response. It will probably cost a bit more, so shop carefully.

Most reactions

Latest posts