What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad Air 2 cases fit on iPad Air 1?

adrna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I have this big question, so If anyone had the first version and now the second, please answer me);
Because I saw a nice case on eBay but it says "for iPad Air 2 (6,2014)" I know there is about 1mm difference, but I had a mini 1 and bought a case for the 2nd model and it worked.

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's really going to depend on the kind of case. Something that fits tightly to an iPad Air 2 (like one of Apple's cases) is going to be very iffy. If it is something looser, like a folio case, then it probably won't make a difference.

OP
A

adrna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's really going to depend on the kind of case. Something that fits tightly to an iPad Air 2 (like one of Apple's cases) is going to be very iffy. If it is something looser, like a folio case, then it probably won't make a difference.

Thanks! But looking around, now Im sure they won't work because the iPad Air 2 doesn't come with mute switch /: and the first gen does...

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. I forgot about the buttons/switches being a bit different.
The microphone placement of the iPad Air 2 is different as well, with one microphone near where the mute/rotation lock switch was and the other where the flash on an iPhone is located.

Most reactions