What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad 2 Goes to Guatemala

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_official.JPG

A really nice story on I4U, about a trip the writer, Robert Evans, just took to Guatemala with his new iPad 2, which he called “the first iPad 2 in the developing world.†It’s a really cool piece about the experience of taking your iPad somewhere exotic and off the beaten track. The writer notes how easy it is to use the iPad 2 to check for available Wi-Fi in a faraway location. He also describes showing his iPad 2 to the many aid workers and Habitat for Humanity workers congregated in a local café, all of whom were incredibly impressed with what it could do, and he says that his iPad 2 quickly became the email box of choice at the café, instead of the various laptops of the workers. He also found that the local children really loved playing GarageBand! And best of all, he actually took his iPad 2 on a long hike up to the top of a live volcano, where he used PhotoBooth. Evans says that he only used his charger twice during his seven-day trip, despite taking the iPad 2 everywhere with him, and it stood up well to being carried around in backpacks and treated generally a little roughly.

“Say what you will about iOS or Apple’s App Store policies. They made the iPad 2 right,†says Evans. “If all my mescal-soaked shenanigans couldn’t kill it, I don’t expect your daily commute will.â€

Source: iPad 2 Review: To Guatemala and Back - I4U News, via MacStories

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great article, Maura! This shows how useful and tough the iPad really is. Taking it atop a live volcano is priceless and took pix with photo booth. That would make for a great memory to have. Kids from developing nations playing GarageBand= Winning, duh..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts