The iFaraday Stylus---A Review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Heaviside, May 30, 2011.

1. jc0045

jc0045
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Rustle, I sent you an email from my work account (Motorola) the other day with a few questions. Please respond when you get a chance.

Thanks!

2. jc0045

jc0045
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Question for you. What did Rustle due to this new pen to cover the metal barrel so that the metal wont hit the glass? I too write on an angle and I also do it on occasional when I write long words, as I tend to press harder the farther my hand moves from the edge of the screen.

Also, how does the pen glide that you have (the latest one he made for you)? I dont need silk like fluidity, but note taker HD will register every jagged angle while writing in script. Ipad already takes handwriting down a notch, but mine is ok to begin with so its not too bad, but if I have lots ot stutters or stop and starts, it will look horrible.

Last question. I tend to like bigger barreled pens when I write. For whatever reason they help me write neater and my hand gets less fatigued. How is the width of the stylus?

Thanks!

3. Heaviside

Heaviside
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I think you will like the iFaraday version that I have. It has a fairly large barrel to begin with. Then he apparently shrink wrapped a vinyl looking material over it. This has three beneficial effects: it increases the barrel diameter even more for improved grip, it has enough elasticity that your fingers do not tend to slip or slide as they do on a smooth metallic or plastic barrel, and it provides a softer surface that contacts the glass when you press hard enough to compress the tip and contact the glass. I am impressed by the way he solved what I perceived to be a problem.

The tip glides very well and does not require a lot of pressure to activate. It isn't so slick that you will feel that you are writing on an oiled surface or anything like that, though. For me, there is just the right amount of "tooth" for writing purposes.

I think the key ingredients are the tip substrate and the conductive fiber clothing the tip. I have tried a number myself, and this combination seems to be about optimum for handwriting apps. Don't know about artistic applications or for simply punching virtual keys---though this one does the latter just fine.

Good luck.

#23 Heaviside, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  4. jc0045

jc0045
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

The only thing that Id really like outside of what you have is a cap. Id definitely buy 2, possibly 3 if that would be possible.

5. Heaviside

Heaviside
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    That is something you will have to take up with iFaraday. Why not have a .ook at the website. I think it is iFaraday.com, but I didn't double check that.

P. S. Just checked, and that is the correct url. I noticed that there is a version labeled "coming soon" that has a cap. Whether he can supply you with one that has the features I discribed is something only he can tell you! Good luck.

#25 Heaviside, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  6. jc0045

jc0045
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. I saw that executive model on the website as well. I emailed Rustle earlier in the week, but Im assuming he is very busy and has not had a chance to read or respond yet. If he can incorporate the changes he made for you into the executive model, I'll definitely pick up a few. I'll PM him here when I have enough posts as well.

Thanks for the help.

7. SusanR

SusanR
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I received my iFaraday Stylus yesterday. I am loving it! It is very smooth and effortless. If I were to design the perfect stylus for my hand and style, I would make it a wee bit heavier, a little longer, and a bit wider.

Does anyone know if these improvements are found on the upcoming Executive? When will that be released?

8. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Which one of them did you get, or did you get the whole set? Do you have the Alupen or the Wacom?

9. SusanR

SusanR
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got the basic model in green.

[​IMG]

10. Heaviside

Heaviside
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Susan,

You might try the version Rustle made up for me. I think he calls it the Art Dome. I wanted exactly the same things as you, and it provides them all.

In response to info, I have the Alupen. It is a good one, but too short for me. I ordered the Wacom, but the backorder was too long so I canceled.