1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

The hidden app number is........

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by G.a.r.y, Apr 4, 2010.

1. G.a.r.y

G.a.r.y iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad has the same number of app screens as the 3GS iPhone.

However each screen holds an additional 4 apps.

So with 800 bucks spent I can hold about 44 more apps.

You can stuff a few extra apps on the non-scroll bottom line but that still misses a total of fifty more apps.

So let's talk round numbers and we now have a max of 200 or so apps.

Please open this up to hold apps already.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You can put hundreds of apps on the iPhone. I filled up 9 GB on a 16 GB 3GS with them so far. I am sure you can put thousands on a 64 GB iPad.

The problem is you can only see icons for a couple of hundred. How do you remember the names of the rest? I opened the Apps section in iTunes and choose a variety of print options to make myself lists of the apps I could access. I printed them to PDFs and transferred the PDFs to the iPhone. Then when I need to remember exactly what I can access I pull that up and skim through it to find the app names I want.

Entering the first few letters of the app pops it up in search and then I tap on its icon to launch it.

What will be nice is the upcoming expose update to the iPad that will allow me to switch back and forth among a set of running apps that i found this way if they are all being used in a project.

BTW iTunes now lists your apps grouped according to the devices they will run on. If an app in the app store is a universal app there will be two buttons to select the group of images for either iPhone or iPad in the review section.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  3. G.a.r.y

G.a.r.y iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For my iPhone I made a web site with hot links to all my apps but that was just too much work.

Apple, I nave now spent more money supporting your business efforts, listen to the voices that tell you we need more access to the apps we own.
  4. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Gary i think the limitation is on the number of pages you can see not in the number off app you can download , i have try with my 3Gs and i can download all i want (of course limited by the memory size) for the one you didn't see you can find it by the search function ....

please give me you're comment