What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The heat is On.

Superfandango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friends forget the song but heating is as on. What will I do..I use multitasking background apps close. But device still because heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Jaba what iPad are you using, the 3rd gen is well known for overheating, do you ever get the over heat notification come up? has one of the family member spilt a little of something on it and been quiet about it? I've opened one that had mouldy fur growing inside shorting out components but still worked in a screwy way,
do you do much gaming on it as that will heat it up. Is your battery draining more than usual?
what i would do.
Has the ipad crashed due to the heat?
1. DFU restore again (after bkup) this time download the relevent ipsw and manually instal via itunes
2.Open it up locate where the heat is coming from ie, just the battery or that and chip?
3. If nothing obvious i'd have the board out shields off and a good clean with alcohol & soft toothbrush?
its hard to tell what your problem is with out it to hand, testing & swapping bits about with another
come bk to us please will see if vcan help further

P.S. grrr that song is going to haunt me all day thanks for that guys!!!

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
4th ger. not heat due gaming long time sample I browse and little bit radio use

Superfandango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4th ger. not heat due gaming long time sample I browse and little bit radio use

Try this first, Ive had issues with restores before like bad lagging etc... and cured them be doing the below. but this time don't restore your settings set up as new ipad without your apps etc and try it, you can always restore your back up later, if this hasnt helped
1. DFU restore again (after bkup) this time download the relevent ipsw and manually instal via itunes
If you need guided details let me know

Last edited:
OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks I thing issue resolved not heat too much. Tks

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try this first, Ive had issues with restores before like bad lagging etc... and cured them be doing the below. but this time don't restore your settings set up as new ipad without your apps etc and try it, you can always restore your back up later, if this hasnt helped
If you need guided details let me know
Truly all these suggestion goes above the head. 1st my English is not too good and 2nd iOS user but not expert to understand DFU and other things.

Most reactions

Latest posts