What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The haters....my 2¢

OP
LMControl

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing that quite bothers me is this whole notion that it's named after a feminine hygiene product. I just don't see how usage of the word "pad" is somehow automatically associated to this meaning. It seems many of the haters have grasped onto this and used it as a means to criticize Apple.

Some other bloke stated he was frustrated by it, but if you stop and consider one of the hottest selling products, the Nintendo Wii, in the last few years is more likely associated with a male body part, you'll see this whole notion of the iPad being attributed to female napkins is ludicrous.

The first thing I thought of after hearing iPad was "note pad."

iPadder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMPOSSIBLE: Mission
Good morning Mr. Phelps. Apple Computer is about to release another digital wonder which will again impact our technological sphere. Apple's notorious detail to product fusion has yet again been designed into the touch-screen mobile device called the iPad. It incorporates the usual personal productivity convenience of seamless software and hardware integration, effortless communication linking, entertainment excitement and the enjoyment of real graphic interfaced computing. The envious PC users are already planning to spend millions of dollars to debunk its successes. If that fails as it has with other Apple innovations, then they will spend more millions of dollars copying, cheapening and then advertising their imitated product. Your mission Jim, should you decide to accept it... is to help those stuck in their personal computing head trips to overcome their incubus. First, you need them to (re)place their feet on the ground and stop the flitting from their typing fingers and talking lips. Next, you might recite to them the Who, What and Where's connected to the personal computing age. Lastly, you can remind them that their inability to cohere to these simple intelligent tasks will once again grant admittance to their dark and lonely perceived digital universe ..... while the rest of us forge onward. As always, should you or any of your I. M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Be careful Jim, and Good Luck."

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMPOSSIBLE: Mission
Good morning Mr. Phelps. Apple Computer is about to release another digital wonder which will again impact our technological sphere. Apple's notorious detail to product fusion has yet again been designed into the touch-screen mobile device called the iPad. It incorporates the usual personal productivity convenience of seamless software and hardware integration, effortless communication linking, entertainment excitement and the enjoyment of real graphic interfaced computing. The envious PC users are already planning to spend millions of dollars to debunk its successes. If that fails as it has with other Apple innovations, then they will spend more millions of dollars copying, cheapening and then advertising their imitated product. Your mission Jim, should you decide to accept it... is to help those stuck in their personal computing head trips to overcome their incubus. First, you need them to (re)place their feet on the ground and stop the flitting from their typing fingers and talking lips. Next, you might recite to them the Who, What and Where's connected to the personal computing age. Lastly, you can remind them that their inability to cohere to these simple intelligent tasks will once again grant admittance to their dark and lonely perceived digital universe ..... while the rest of us forge onward. As always, should you or any of your I. M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Be careful Jim, and Good Luck."

Holy FUD. Fanboy alert. Apple didn't revolutionize the tablet, they dumbed it down.

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the tunnel visioned fruitcakes have arrived. Quite why you'd join an ipad forum is a little odd?

Lets hope we have some sensible anti-troll measures here.
Far from trolling sweetie. A lot of us are a bit flabergasted over the specs of the ipad. What's wrong will comparing products? I see nothing wrong with it. Look up the definition of forum. I will even provide the link.
forum - definition of forum by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I simply refuse to jock a company. I fell in love with my girlfriend ipod touch and bought my own instantly. I was so pumped for this ipad it was unbelievable.
I figured I wouldn't have to deal with windows anymore. Boy was I wrong. But thats the beautiful thing about america. Choices.
One more thing. Critical reflections on a device never hurt anything. If anything it helps.
Why did I join this forum? To vent more than anything. But there are plenty of others on here that have done the same. May I suggest an alternative to apple section? It's not like apple pays for this forum. In fact, i'm looking at an Android add while I type this.
Hugs n kisses

Most reactions

Latest posts