The haters....my 2¢

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by LMControl, Jan 28, 2010.

1. LMControl

LMControl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    After watching more of the videos, I’m even more encouraged and excited about this device.

After a night of reflection and seeing more reactions to it I am convinced most people, especially the naysayers, don’t understand what this thing is and what it was meant to be. I think most people were thinking it would be a MacBook or MacBookPro in tablet form. It’s not, nor is it supposed to be.

It’s an Internet connected, multi-media device that is focused on entertainment in multiple formats. Those who want Flash and multitasking etc… already have this in other avenues, such as the MacBook Air, Macbooks, etc… These petty complaints betray the motivations of those who seek to find only the bad in Apple’s new toy.

It’s also plainly apparent that there was a lot of built up hype over this thing that nothing Apple could have put out yesterday would have satisfied the masses. I really believe Apple needs to tighten up the leaks or stop having these events. They are creating unobtainable expectations which quickly turns into animosity when those who think they know better don’t get what they want.

Seriously…. how many companies in America, let alone the world, take such grief over innovating and bringing new product to the marketplace? Step back from this and realize this is not life and death… just a piece of electronics. Simply amazing….

In the end, I’m convinced this will be a tremendous success, despite all those who want so much to see it and Apple fail.

2. Amy S.

Amy S.
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You are exactly right. It will give me a better way to read e-books, w/o buying a Kindle and I can see a complete newspaper page.

It isn't a computer and I will still need to sync it. So what? I have 2 Mac computers.

You can't watch Hulu. Well, I don't watch Hulu anyway. I watch TV.com as an app, so I don't need Hulu. And I watch YouTube as an app, so I don't need much else, in the way of video.

I think the haters aren't true Mac users and are just using the phones or ipods, but not the computers.

3. Skywaffle

Skywaffle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was excited about this device, and thought that Apple could really deliver something that would reinvent the whole tablet device genre.

However, after seeing everything, I still believe it is somewhat of a let down (This is coming from a life long Apple fanatic). Or maybe just not quite matured enough for this generation of iPad. Of course most of these complaints may be invalid. Until people get to play with the finished product, you never really know, after all, what we saw was just a brief demonstration of some of its capabilities.

4. unnecessary

unnecessary
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    People are always going to complain. If it would have been an Actual APPLE Table like this picture describes

[​IMG]

Then people would have been bitching about how its $1699.

People saying stuff like, " my computer can do this but that thing cant". Well then use your computer then.

Everything does the same thing, this just does it easier and better.

Like i said

"if is small, its not big enough; if its big, its not small enough"

5. SevenOfNine

SevenOfNine
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Why dont you just buy a newspaper then? its somewhat 80 ct!
    this device costs at least 499, even MORE when you want serious busines!!

That is way to much just to see a newspaper fullscreen and read some ebooks!

but well, every device fits some needs, unfortunately not mine, but gladly yours. I hope it will turn out good for you!

SevenOfNine

6. unnecessary

unnecessary
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

Words of a true hater right there.

There are always alternates to doing things.

7. Phoxus

Phoxus
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    $500 + $130 + $15/mo or $30/mo + tax

For a non HD, non widescreen format, no usb port, and all the other major bullcraps.

Here's the biggest Lame part.

After you pay $700 after taxes and then start your monthly payment

You could of had an Ipod Touch & a Netbook that dual booted Android OS / Windows XP

P.S. All the books you buy, are stuck with DRM. And if you had Amazon books, you can't transfer them over. in fact you only have iBooks.

I'd like to see iTap version 6.

#7 Phoxus, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  8. terry

terry
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why are we haters? Because were vocal about being let down. I would venture that the ones not disappointed with this offering are the minority.

9. nikki

nikki
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree, I honestly think people have got the wrong idea of what this device is suppose to be. It wasn't designed to be a computer, if that were the case, then I'm sure it would have been a computer. However, it is what it is, an Ipad, like a notepad for those of us that can use something like this. Maybe next year, Apple will feel the need to introduce to the table another computer like device for the ones out there that was expecting another computer. So just hold on and be patient with Mac, we all know that the electronic industry never sleeps, there is always something new before the new devices we have even gets old. :p

10. nikki

nikki
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just want to know when can we start buying them? And what would be the difference in the wifi/3G and just wifi. Although, the prices are nice, I still don't want pay for something that I won't be using, does anyone know the answer to either quest by chance?:)