What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Funnies Brings Favourite Comic Strips to the iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

If you’re a fan of comic strips then you should probably check out this really cool new iPad app from AFK Studio called The Funnies, which features a database of over 390 comic strips and editorial cartoons from all over the web. The database is automatically updated via the Internet at no extra cost. The app’s layout features an organic, touch-based interface designed to make the user feel like they are interacting directly with the comics. A search facility is also featured that can be used to create a virtual billboard with all of your favourite comics, which can then be viewed individually through a scrollable interface, the design of which was inspired by a well-worn table. And if you have any particular favourite comics that you want to share with friends or family, you can do so via email, Facebook or Twitter.

Among the huge list of currently featured comics you’ll find the likes of Dilbert, Doonesbury, Garfield, Fred Basset, Zippy, Wizard of Id and hundreds more. Looks like a great way to collect all of your favourite comics together. Sadly it seems to be only available in the US App Store at the moment.

Click here to download The Funnies for $4.99: The Funnies for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: AFK Studio

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its about time someone did an app for comic strips. I could only find Dilbert and all my other favorites I had to go to individual web pages.

Karynv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disappeared

This app is no longer available, and another one that I downloaded, Comics, also disappeared. It fails to download most of the comics it "offers."

Maybe it's a copyright issue?

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded a Calvin & Hobbes app which no longer seems to be available but still seems to be supported with updated strips. What is that all about ??

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts