What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First iPad Appears in the House of Representatives

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

iPad News Daily reports that Democrat Representative Henry Cuellar recently tested the US House of Representatives ban on tech devices by taking his iPad to the Speaker’s podium. Although he was criticised for doing so and seemingly flouting the rule, iPad News Daily says that it is now looking likely that iPads may in future be allowed into the House, as the House Parliamentarian John Sullivan ruled that the presence of the iPad on the podium was not actually a breach of the rules, and he also advised the speaker that anyone should be allowed to bring their iPad into the House provided they were not using it to play sounds or to transmit anything. Furthermore, the incoming House Republican majority has proposed an amendment to the rules which would permit certain electronic devices, including the iPad, onto the House floor, so long as the presence of any such device didn’t “impair decorum.â€

Source: iPad in the House! | U.S. Representatives Using Apple iPad Technology, Congress & Politics | iPad News Daily

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Furthermore, the incoming House Republican majority has proposed an amendment to the rules which would permit certain electronic devices, including the iPad, onto the House floor, so long as the presence of any such device didn’t “impair decorum.â€
Since when were the members of the congress worried about decorum?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet! I saw one of the reporters from CNN using their iPad during a report last week. Decorum? I am finished decoruming, about to take them down since the holidays are over. :p

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen them used on the television show Criminal Minds....I thought decorum and congress went out the window sometime last year with the whole "you lie" episode.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
although things may have been sai before the "you lie" episode but the media now sensationalize everything!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just one and twelve million sold. Are they really representative?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since when were the members of the congress worried about decorum?

I can't remember the last time a fist fight broke out in the house. Our leaders may be idiots on occasion, but they do behave better than some legislative bodies I've seen on YouTube.

Most reactions

Latest posts