What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The evolution of Handphone size...

csllanna

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still remember my father was the first person who having the 1st generation of handphone in my village. We called the handphone as "big brother big" and it gets a handheld battery. The look of the handphone is something like this....

image-1971695622.jpg

As the time passed by, the size of the Handphone became smaller and smaller.

image-1166543329.jpg

And even one time, the market trend was promoting the Handphone which only as big as a palm size....

image-2320753681.jpg

However, with the introducing of the iPad, everybody is accepting the handheld tablet. And now the trend is changing to make the handphone to work like a tablet. As a result, due to the unsatisfactory of the size of the current handphone, the market is promoting a bigger size of handphone with body dimensions of 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm (4.93 x 2.6 x 0.33 inches).

image-1239127211.jpg

When the first time I saw my friend was using the almost 5" of handphone, I asked her naively : "Are you sure you want this size?"

She replied : "Trend ma..."

Although I feel weird with the reason, however sooner I have to accept it because the main characters, in one of my favorite Korean SBS Drama : Phantom "유령", are holding this kind of 5" handphone around...

image-4234041222.jpg

image-1467360565.jpg

So, I look at my friend with a new perspective mind now...

image-3268984512.jpg

Chinese Dedicated iPad Forum Index Page:http://www.ipadforums.net/chinese-dedicated-ipad-forum/
Malaysian Dedicated iPad Forum Index Page:http://www.ipadforums.net/malaysian-dedicated-ipad-forum/

Resource of articles/pictures :
1) 论山寨手机与Android 【1】MTK亮相的历史背景2010-03-16

2) How Mobile Phones Influences Mobile Internet Growth

3) Neon 7 Mini – a nano-sized cellphone, definitely deserves the world's smallest title

4) iPhone 4S vs. Galaxy S II Spec Shootout

5) 연예다반사 :: 유령 이연희, 명품드라마 망친 옥에 티, 거품드러낸 연기경력

6) 유령

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts