What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easier Way to Instal Flash on iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had I been told when I purchased this iPad just how useless it would be for Internet I would never have bought it. I have never owned an apple product and this will be my last. I hope to sell it soon. Flash IS the reason the internet is interesting, and Google will deliver a tablet that will actually work...and not randomly crash several times a day when doing simple things that my T-Mobile G1 can do without a hitch. I just hope I can find some one that wants this worthless thing on craigslist.

You must use more little kiddie flash game websites than I do then because it is very seldom that I use a website with flash. I use flash for videos and safari automatically detects and plays flash videos anyway therefor making flash completely useless.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
His acute analysis of the internet is a testament to the education authorities.

Is his attention span is so limited he can't watch a screen without moving pictures?
de gustibus....

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had I been told when I purchased this iPad just how useless it would be for Internet I would never have bought it. I have never owned an apple product and this will be my last. I hope to sell it soon. Flash IS the reason the internet is interesting, and Google will deliver a tablet that will actually work...and not randomly crash several times a day when doing simple things that my T-Mobile G1 can do without a hitch. I just hope I can find some one that wants this worthless thing on craigslist.

Another one that didn't do his homework. Sucks for you.

mlhoenig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Papillion, Nebraska; transplanted from Arlington,

What "size & flavor" iPad do you have? i.e. 16GB/32GB/64GB -- WiFi/WiFi+3G

If the specs & price are right, I might be interested in one for my wife...

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
most sites don't use flash unless if their business is around flash. Using flash for everything is like so Macromedia ago.

SteveInSeattle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Another one that didn't do his homework. Sucks for you.

Indeed it does suck for me: I purchased an Apple product. All my research over the years suggested it would be a bad idea...my research held true. One thing that really gets me though: How is it that everyone I hear evangelize the Apple product talk about how stable the products/OS are, but they also have their devices in for repair frequently and my iPad crashes at least once a day? I haven't had an android app crash in weeks.

SteveInSeattle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What "size & flavor" iPad do you have? i.e. 16GB/32GB/64GB -- WiFi/WiFi+3G

If the specs & price are right, I might be interested in one for my wife...

16GB, WiFi-3G with the black apple case/folder (which was a big surprise...it's very functional)

The main reason I got this was for email, navigation, and casual web use (mostly Financial news, which is very flash rich. Be forewarned that this is pretty useless for news...). email is almost as good as my Android G1' and Navigation not as good, but my eyes can see the big iPad, so it's been a fair tradeoff at times. Send me a message directly with an offer...I still have every bit of packaging too...including the bag!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...my iPad crashes at least once a day? I haven't had an android app crash in weeks.
With all due respect, if your iPad "crashes" once a day, then it is either defective and is under warranty and should be replaced or you have done something to it.

I have used my iPad nearly every day since June and it has never "crashed" or shut off unexpectedly. Before getting an iPad, I have had several iPods over the years and have never had to send one in for repair... ever.

If you are so upset with the quality and functionality of your iPad, why not just put it on CraigsList or eBay and move on. You won't hurt our feelings... I promise!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had I been told when I purchased this iPad just how useless it would be for Internet I would never have bought it

I hope you aren't going to complain that you were not "told" when buying the big mac and large fries for lunch that they are in fact horrible for your health. Funny stuff. :)

mlhoenig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Papillion, Nebraska; transplanted from Arlington,
How is it that everyone I hear evangelize the Apple product talk about how stable the products/OS are, but they also have their devices in for repair frequently and my iPad crashes at least once a day? I haven't had an android app crash in weeks.

Well...I've got my G4 PowerBook Pro, bought new from Apple Store in June of 2003, with no crashes. Been through OS 9.x and every version of MacOS X beginning with the Public Beta through 10.5.8. The only repairs have been replacement case parts, which I installed myself out of warranty.

Note I'm still using it and will do so until I can afford the MacBook Pro or iMac I want.

Sux that the current JB software is Intel-only; I'm gonna have to fire up my wife's Dull ^H^H^H^H Dell laptop. :D

MLH

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
djricekcn said:
most sites don't use flash unless if their business is around flash. Using flash for everything is like so Macromedia ago.

Hillarious....lmao

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Odd . . . I worried and fretted so about no flash and after a few weeks of daily use, I have not seen a site I cannot access. Also, no crashes.

sorry you are so unhappy.

Bob Maxey

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve I have never had a hardware crash since I purchased the iPad last August. Software crashes that are due to corrupt apps would be the only issue so I reinstall them if they continue to cause problems i delete them permanently . Do a complete restore on your iPad or take it to an Apple store as your problem is not normal.

Steve you must love on line games or do stuff that needs flash most of us do not I have not had one site that has caused me any issue and If I come across a site that requires flash I move on as I can always find an alternative if not I use the MacBook which is rare considering it has been now 4 months since I have had a need to use my laptop. The bottom line is either live with it or move on it's that simple go buy alternative products and then live with problems that that platform has as there is no perfect world regardless what computer / mobile device you purchase.

As for Macs going into service all the time. Please tell that to my clients whom number some 400 sites all up more than 2000 computers installed all Macs.....Plus a few PC' s for accounting. Several sites have between 30 - 60 Macs, We may get less than about 1% failure rate and that would be high. All sites have multiple backup and run the latest Apple OS 10 with the exception of the largest site... See below.

On the biggest site in fact which is an architect firm they had only had 5 computers that required service in 3 years....2 iMacs with video card issues the rest were hard drive replacements under warranty and just to make you happy the 60 Macs had windows XP installed. Why did they buy Macs instead of PC's .....reliability and the software they used required Windows XP
Most issues are DVD drives or hard drive, keyboards and mice, In all customer satisfaction is the highest in the industry.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

MinecrafterMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey digikid, how did u get this to work? i installed but keep getting unexpected error

or it says _abort() food.c:43

Me too!
Interesting that it said food right after me trying to play papas burgeria...coding makes sense to me now. Food crashes
Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts